Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Renault Trafic 1.9DCI.
with a fitted speed sensor on the PK6 box. I’ve just picked up another PK6 but it’s for a van with ABS and the so the sensor entry is blanked off. Is it possible to open the entry up to take a sensor ?
My box is labelled CM PK 820038 6298
30/01/06. 09:39
New is labelled PK6 * 375 L4 7741723603
22-08-2005-09:35:33 C023870
Are the two boxes interchangeable ?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Although I've taken dozens of these out I'm not an expert on compatability. There's a huge range of final drive ratios fitted to these since they went in a variety of cars and vans. As far as the speedo drive is concerned if you can remove the blanking plug you will be able to see if a speedo drive is fitted, probably not. As this box is much later it may even have a different driveshaft output set up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although I've taken dozens of these out I'm not an expert on compatability. There's a huge range of final drive ratios fitted to these since they went in a variety of cars and vans. As far as the speedo drive is concerned if you can remove the blanking plug you will be able to see if a speedo drive is fitted, probably not. As this box is much later it may even have a different driveshaft output set up
Ok, thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts