Independent Renault Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
Discussion Starter #1
As title but something better than Back to Black etc, as that doesn't last 5 minutes馃憥

So folks what do you recommend without applying every 5 minutes and give a decent finish.

Super mod..
When you find out let me know my scuttle panel is a little faded.. not found one yet that lasts..

Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Phil馃檮

That's what I want to know鈽

Super mod..
Thanks Phil馃檮

That's what I want to know鈽
Well its always best to tell you in advance.. not want to be blamed later and you get all sh1tty with me.. loads of vids on you tube and most are Yank products anyways.. suppose you could spray the affected part with a satin black paint if you feel confident enough..

Discussion Starter #5
Me sh1tty with you馃檮

Nah want summat to wipe on n off less hassle the better馃憤

Premium Member
Using plastikote is not the same as paint, just from the point of view, no prepwork like sanding, no undercoat, no laqure, its so simple and easy lasy for years and years

Super mod..
Using plastikote is not the same as paint, just from the point of view, no prepwork like sanding, no undercoat, no laqure, its so simple and easy lasy for years and years
That maybe so but only Frank can make the decision on this.. 馃檪

Discussion Starter #10
Thank's Mikeyjp but as it is a spray it's bound to overspray which would entail masking etc which is my problem, whereas Back to Black can be sprayed on without masking and as such can be just wiped off without any problems of overspray.
Thanks for the info馃榿馃憤

Premium Member
Too much sarcasm
Wow you right, its so hard and complictaed, getting some masking tape and old newspaper.....

Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
it is if your 85 and got to get down, mask neatly,
Wait till you get a bit older

Premium Member
I use Turtle Wax Ice synthetic wax, a car polish that can be used on all surfaces - paintwork, glass, plastic, chrome, etc. - it's easy to use and cleans and protects well. It may not refurbish really badly faded plastic, but if you can get the plastic to a finish you are happy with, it might maintain it.....

Do I remember someone, somewhere suggesting boot polish? Might be worth a try on a little hidden corner, then a coat of polish?? o_O

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.