Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've got an 06 Laguna Initialle an on the bodywork below the rear passenger door there's what looks like some plastic over the bodywork (it's clear), I'm scared to pull it off incase it's meant to be there?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Sounds like the laquer that protects the paint is starting to peal off.

I haven't got a clue about paint but I wouldn't pull it off :(

I'm sure someone else will be able to advise you what to do.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a thin coating of plastic, its quite thick and it's the exact same on the opposite side of the car. It's as if when the car was new it had some plastic coating to project certain bits and these bits having been removed?! If I can I'll post some pics but I'm useless at uploading photos :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Managed to get a picture and upload, as you can see it's a large(ish) area it's quite thick plastic! Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Looks like some kind of stone protection film, you could probably remove it (I am not responsible if it goes wrong)

Hopefully someone will give you a definitive answer now you have posted a picture.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now you mention it that would make sense I suppose, let me get another picture that's a bit better

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Attached is a better picture where you can see me pulling the edge of the plastic back. I'm not too fussed about leaving it on, just want to know what it's for??

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers mate! Seems like the logical thing I suppose, maybe I should skulk around car parks checking on other Lags!! Lol

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Its a paint protection film designed to prevent debris from chipping exposed & protruding areas.

I wouldn't remove it.

Paul

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm happy to leave it on now I know what it is, just I'd never seen or heard of anything like this before

Once again thanks all for the replies :)

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Must only come on Initiales (that is if it wasn't added by the dealer or owner)... I've never seen it before!

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
I think its standard on the Initialles Az,mine was a dealer demo model and i'm the next owner and i havn't put it on...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts