Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am having problem when Iam playing music from USB, engine is off. after a few minutes touch screen goes to standby and stops playing. After pushing off/on button system is not detecting that USB. it works fine after engine restart, but when I turn engine off after few minutes of playing same problem. what to do.
Its 2019 Captur

thank you

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,036 Posts
I think Renault does this deliberately on the Captur to save the battery. Modern systems such as medianav are quite a drain on electrical resources and the Captur turns everything non-essential off after a couple of minutes. It's really annoying, especially if trying to charge a phone which wouldn't harm a car battery.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Yep, it's probably normal to switch off quite quickly - my Clio is similar, playing for maybe 10-15mins then switching off.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,036 Posts
My Scenic was 10-12mins but the Captur is MUCH quicker - maybe two minutes. That can be really annoying.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,036 Posts
OK I've just been playing with my radio and I don't have the same problem with the USB. If the media centre works, the USB works. Even after turning off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts