Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
immobiliser problem

Hi everyone.I have the same problem with the immobiliser on my scenic.I have got mine permanantly on.I have changed the batteries in the fobs and changed the reciever circuit board but it still stays locked.I contacted renault and they told me I can have a four digit code at a cost of £35!
Can someone point me in the right direction as to where on this web site the guide is to disable the immobiliser.

Hi Bryan.
Can you give me the code for my car too? It's a Megane scenic 98 model.Where will I find the vehicle code?

Can Bryan help me with getting the 4 digit code I need to take the immobiliser off

:steam: Hi everyone.Does anybody know how to get the 4 digit code to disable the immobiliser on my 98 Scenic,apart from going down to my local dealer and being ripped off for the pleasure of having to pay for something that should be given free with the car when they are first bought.

Does this work for the 98 model aswell

My 98 scenic is exactly the same.The tip I was given was:put half a small bottle of caustic soda in the expansion tank,run the engine to temperature for exactly 1 hour,not a minute more,then flush the cooling system out with a hose and then re-fill.You should see all the gunge coming out when you flush.

Can any one tell me how to enter the immobiliser code?
i have tried 2 methods and neither one work.the first one was one from stuart wilson on this forum,the windscreen wiper method.
I would like a sure proof way of how to do this please

Can anyone tell me the exact way how to enter the immobiliser code please.:mad:

Can anyone tell me exactly how to enter the immobiliser code

Will someone please tell me how to enter the immobiliser code.been off the road now for 4 days.there is something about pressing the central locking inside the car and then pressing the plip.What does this actually mean.detailed help urgently needed

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi blue eyes

I know of nobody that can get immobiliser codes other than the dealers and then they will require proof of ownership.

The function of the imobiliser is to stop the engine starting when and if a thief is trying to steal the car,if the overide information is given freely it would be a free for all situation.

I'm afraid dealer is the only option.

:) :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Scenic Immobiliser Codes

there is a site that allows you to download a programme that you put your body type + key number and it generates the code try googling for(test for renault key immobiliser)
hope this helps
sauzee

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went onto the site you suggested and got the code,but how exactly do i enter it.do you know from experience?the foot on accelerator and pushing the wiper button does not work.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i just had the same problem with my espace i tried c/l button did not slow led also battery lead off turn ignition on reconnect battery,wiper stalk the whole lot of different ways immobiliser light on dash still never went out then i just turned ignition key and it started so i dont know which one worked but that site tells you their way i also used it so just try all the methods you find and try starting the car
hope this helps you

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when you used the method off that site,did you have the key in the ignition all the time and use the central locking button on the dash next to the hazzards? If so did you press the button left or right? I have tried it 6 times and it still won't start!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I put key in ignition pressed c/l to close doors then tried to count the flashing led then after fourth digit turned ignition off and pressed c/l again and led was supposed to stay solid but did not so i just kept pressing fob did not see any difference but did not try to start car just kept trying other methods because i thought the led was supposed to stop flashing i dont really know what method worked i just turned the key out of curiosity an it started so i would try all the methods you can also hold c/l button 5 secs and then press the fob at reciever might work
sauzee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts