Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I have a laguna 02 1.9 DCI today my wonderful husband changed a broken brake light bulb, washed and hoovered my car and noe it wont work. When i put in the key the dashboard is flashing, the engine will not start, the radio comes on the lights come on it locks and unlocks but I cant go anywhere!!!! HELP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just been and tried again, with clutch depressed still the same. the dashboard is flashing on and off and making a clicking noise. all doors are locking and the lights come on

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi bonnielass

Does the engine turn over with the key or do you just get a click from the starter motor?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could it be the battery, its the original one and whilst my husband has been cleaning the car he has had the radio on?

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Could this be anything to do with seat belt pre-tensioner connections under the front seats being disturbed during the hoovering session,
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did hubby have the radio on whilst he was washing car? Sounds like a flat battery, try 'jump start', but be careful when connecting/disconnecting leads, or if it's still under warranty / you've got breakdown cover - call them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi everyone,yeah u were right a flat battery was the problem. Not only did he have the radio on listening to the football I might add, but also the heater, the fan and had the doors open alot of the time so that he could hear the radio!!!!! Lots of the neighbours helped on sunday morning whilst hubby was at the football, wasnt very pleasant in our household on sunday afternoon!! Ta for all your helpX

1 - 19 of 19 Posts