Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for a bit of help before I push this car into the closest river. 2002 clio 1.2 16v engine light comes on intermitantly and car loses all power, turn ignition off and on and its fine for a bit, sometimes even days. Fault code is lambda sensor bank 1 and TPS. I have replaced the lambda sensors and the throttle pedal and it still does it. My wife is pregnant and this car is a death trap. What do I do?

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Check the 'protective' cage around the ECU plugs hasn't worn through the loom and chaffed/cut any of the wires.

Also,which Lambda sensor comes up as faulty?.There should be an upstream and downstream sensor.

And have you checked the Throttle Position Sensor on the throttle body and not just the throttle pedal?.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The black box had been rubbing and there were bare wires showing but I covered it in silicone and put a piece of rubber over the top of the loom. This was a couple of months ago. How do you remove the black box, I couldnt get the top off. Where is the position sensor on the throttle body located. I replaced both lambda sensors, the fault said it was bank 1.Thanks for the help and quich response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.