Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused::confused::confused:I have a 57 plate trafic van that is only running on 3 cylinders and i have had the wiring cj=hecked and there is not any broken wires it is saying that cylinder 1 is not firing and the autospark said he thinks it is a injector fault . Does anybody know if there could be any other faults and if it is the injector how easy are they to change. And does anybody know if number 1 is at timing belt side or gearbox. It is a 1.9 diesel 115 bhp:confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts
hi
its on the gearbox end.
you will need to get the loom checked for continuety between the ecu and injectors. renaullts are prone to breakages/corrosion on the loom near the ecu (due to vibration and water/etc. getting into loom)

Reactions: healey01

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
What exactly were the codes you had reported?.A reader won't say 'Cylinder 1 not firing',it should say something is out of range or open circuit.If it's open circuit then it's likely to be something in the loom,the injectors do give problems but not in the electrical side of things.

Also,if the van is misfiring then (being a diesel) it should belch out white smoke,thats if the injector is working.If theres no smoke then it is another sign that there is a fault with the injector or connection to it.To make 100% sure which one it is,with the van running,disconnect the connector to each injector in turn.You will find that if you disconnect a good injector/cylinder the engine revs will drop,disconnect a bad one and it will have no effect.

It's all very well saying that number 1 is at the flywheel end,but that doesn't always tally up with the ECU fault code you will get depending on what system you are reading it with and which side of the ECU you are reading.You need to do the above check before you change anything incorrectly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had an autospark look at it and he has said there is contiunity going between all 4 plugs at the injector. When i got it check it came up on the computer as cylinder 1 not firing and they said it could be wiring fault but spark said there is no wiring fault but he said it could be a ecu fault

1 - 4 of 4 Posts