Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wooooohooooo problem solved. Thought was heading in the right direction with mounts when I had them replaced. Got under van and inspected the bottom mounts. It looked different to the one on there before. I took it off myself and found it was the wrong one and the garage had actually drilled out the mount to make it fit. Bought ocorrect one off Ebay and compared new one is a lot more rigid stuck it on and hey presto juddering gone apart from slight wobble definitely through steering wheel which is not that noticable (think its inner tie rods on steering rack) both have excessive play.
Thank you for all your help. Gonna do inners myself this weekend only 35 quid from euro car parts for both.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,266 Posts
Wont put this as solved just yet will let you tell us when you are happy , and will delete this post to keep your thread tidy..
Stinkers they are,,,, stinkers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have spent 8000 dollars on my trafic van..cv,s shock absorbers wheel bearings new wheels and tyres ball joints timing belt and tension wheel all engine mounts..all affiliated rubbers etc..frustrated,,you bet..someone has suggested the sun gears in the diff..help would be greatly appreciated...thanks..Joe.

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
I have spent 8000 dollars on my trafic van..cv,s shock absorbers wheel bearings new wheels and tyres ball joints timing belt and tension wheel all engine mounts..all affiliated rubbers etc..frustrated,,you bet..someone has suggested the sun gears in the diff..help would be greatly appreciated...thanks..Joe.
..................but what is the problem description? :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The vehicle is a 1.9turbo..cdi 100......at 80kms and faster,while under acceleration in 3r3r4tdh 5th and 6thh gears has a vibration ..a wobble perhaps.felt through the entire body..wobble ceases when deaccelerating ..i have taken this van to a variety of "experts"..who seem to work through the cars moving bits with no idea what this problem.is..i dont mind paying to fix a problem but in another5000 dollars i could have bought a new van...the wobble is still there,, are there any tests to determine whether its the diff or the gearbox as i have replaced everything else....any help will be most welcome...thanx..Joe Tatts

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
Manual gearbox?

Have you actually read though the contents of this thread and the solution for a very similar sounding problem? ..............and have ALL the engine and gearbox mounts been replaced with ORIGINAL RENAULT parts and not some funky aftermarket stuff?

IMO its got absolutely nothing to do with the gearbox and even less with a sun gear (only one)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Manual gearbox?

Have you actually read though the contents of this thread and the solution for a very similar sounding problem? ..............and have ALL the engine and gearbox mounts been replaced with ORIGINAL RENAULT parts and not some funky aftermarket stuff?

IMO its got absolutely nothing to do with the gearbox and even less with a sun gear (only one)
I will establish originality..and be back...Thank you again.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts