Independent Renault Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a problem with my Mégane basically I came back after 2 h start car nothing electronic fault on dash ...no ignition on dash hold 5 seconds nothing...front wipers not working but washers and back wiper works no deep and long lights but position lights works as indicators they fine.... I***8217;ve checked all fuses in and out all fine but I've read some posts most common issues water problems so....AND WHERE ALL START.....;( Fold under windscreen wipers ...outflow holes blocked so cleaned it.... Unplugged and still nothing... So after further check found water in fuse box not a lot but top right corner definitely wet added pictures at end
so took it apart cleaned and dried cleaned water resin... on plugs and ...... Nothing ***x1f629; So checking further I found a unplugged right fog flight so I***8217;ve connected it But still found more problems One of the sensor wire damage so I***8217;ve fixed it on way found wire bunch with water stain so cleaned nothing.....;( I found little bit of water in passenger front door So cleaned dried ...nothing....ahrrr!!!!?! Than I start thinking maybe something else...
so maybe old little faults I had already with it maybe I thought?!? Heather fun was not working so I***8217;ve took it out and changed... Nothing..... So what else..? I had dash clocks lights getting couple times doggie like rev light gone sometimes speed clock arm flashes so I***8217;ve took it appart cleaned and found some little damage on board;(. Pictures on end
But cleaned and connected back.... No results....;( So I decided to check fuses on battery as I not did it yet...***55358;***56692;(idiot) .... And found little 30A on left gone.... Don***8217;t have second ...so wired it only temporary of course 4 checking if blown And !!! Electric fault gone!!!!eureka!!!! Dash says pres clutch or brake and start***x1f44f; And.....NOTHING....;( I mean even worse.... now all dash starts flashing and indicators same rate and speed of flash as dash and it***8217;s like strange noises from dash and turns immobiliser light still constant light.... battery off and on in 10 min ... Same no electric fault but when starting same... Strange noice and Christmas tree 4-5 seconds ant immobiliser light still And nothing... Oh and central locking get mad as well when it***8217;s happened on off on off till immobiliser light still after card not opening car o locking.... Battery off 10min again immobiliser flash as working... dash says start car.... But same result 5sec Christmas tree...;( LLEASE HELP COS IM DESPERATE NOW.... Oh temperature clock gone;( Not working.... I had problems with time and temperature so unplugged same with temp. Controls but still same problem .... Christmas tree5sec and frozen.....arrrrgggghhhh!!! Please any one any ideas what I should do??? HELP!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
What you should do ?....................Given you listing of and progress of the water damage IMO stop whatever it is you are currently doing.

Remove the battery terminals from the battery, the battery from the car and put a charger on it. Remove the bridged fuse wire and fit a proper fuse .............................because whatever you are doing while there are known unaddressed water damage present in the electrics is bound to further bugger up lots of things.....................possibly terminally

IMO you will have to basically REMOVE, strip and clean/dry each and every nook and cranny of every fuse and connection panel in the car while inspecting and cleaning and fixing every and any connector and socket and every and any wire on each of them ............. there is no shortcut or super easy way to suggest on this - you do it right the first time or may just as well not bother at all.

The many many videos you mentioned you found on the net describing in detail not only the reason why things go wrong with water in unwanted places on the Megane but also what needs to be done is unfortunately the only sensible suggestion - dont put the battery back on the electrical system till you have completed a proper clean-up job

Good luck with this unenviable task

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,821 Posts
Check inside Each of the Multiplugs,, look for burnt, open connections signs of green.
Chances are very high here your fuse box has had it,,

The inner wing splash guard underneath, this has still got the cover on to get access to the headlamp bulb. If not get one and replace it, as you will have the same issue again

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello its me again don***8217;t know where to start again...
So I***8217;ve cleaned and dried all wet areas I***8217;ve chenged battery for new and electric fault gone ask me to start... so I***8217;ve tried to start and eureka starter rolls engine for 3 seconds and BOOOOM!!!
All instrument Custer***8217;s lights go on and electric fault came up again ;( car don***8217;t try to start engine again ....;(
After that happened I***8217;ve disonected battery on 15 min electric fault still on
What I realised after closing car
Cluster lights stayed on all the time;(
Any ideas...?? Is changing instruments cluster can b done without programming cos it***8217;s Immo in cluster isn***8217;t???
Please help? Any ideas what else can do this electric fault....?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,821 Posts
Admin Mods is it possible to sort this one for Us, sorry, we got carried away in the moment..

Promise we wont do it again ( until next time )

·
Super Moderator
13,633 Posts
Thread Closed to prevent Fragmented replies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.