Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My 07 LWB Trafic van started making a really loud banging noise from the engine about 2 weeks ago.
I took it to my local garage who changed the tappits and swapped the fuel injectors around (?) No joy. The mechanic said he doesn't know what it is.
If anyone has any ideas or have experienced this I would be really grateful for some advice.
I'm worried it is going to be really expensive and I really need to get this vehicle back on the road ASAP :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Don't like the sound of your mechanic tbh. I'd have thought the tappets would be self adjusting so changing them would make no difference. As for swapping the injectors around...what did he hope to achieve by doing this?
If its a loud banging noise coming from the bottom of the engine that increases/decreases with engine speed i'd suspect a big end bearing. Has the engine had an oil leak or been starved of oil at any point?

Reactions: lisasullivan51

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The engine hasn't been starved of oil but I have noticed a patch of oil on the floor. This is new and only happened about 2 days ago after it had been in with the dodgy mechanic.
The noise does speed up when the engine is revved. It's bad isn't it?:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts