Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I've just got a Renault clio year 2003 sensation and whats the score with these annoying beeps that go off when you turn the engine off and pull the key out of the ignition? - i presume its informing you that the immobilzer is initialising ... but I dont care!! - i find it just past mildly irritatiting to near the irritating scale. - sounds like its coming through the stereo speakers and not from the dash (and its a different tune to the one that tells you that the headlights are left on)

Is there any way of shutting it up and not getting it to do this - (you know in this day and age where you can press a couple of buttons for more than 10 seconds and get into a hidden menu) - i would be glad to hear of it thanks. Maybe some others would too.

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
Have you got an aftermarket stereo in it?

It sounded like one I had that used to make that noise to remind you to.remove the front from it..

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you got an aftermarket stereo in it?

It sounded like one I had that used to make that noise to remind you to.remove the front from it..
thanks for the reply, yes it has a sony cd player. But i have turned the beeps to off in the menu. I'm pretty sure the beeps are coming from the Clio system .. but then if that is the case I am wondering why they feed the noise through the car stero and not through the piezo buzzer at the back of the speedometer???

i am prepared to cut some kind of signal wire at the back of the stereo to get rid of the noise if needs be, i have the radio out of the dash at the moment - funny enough now come to think of it I have the cd player out of the car and its still makes that beep noise so it cant be the stereo.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys its with great embarrasement, on my part, it does indeed look like the sound is coming from my Sony HU even though i went into the sony HU menu and selected 'no beeps' - have had the head unit out today and there are no beeps throught the psaekers when i take out the keys out of the ignition now.

Now to get onto Sony and ask them why its still beeping when i have set beep to off and ask them how to disable this other jingle sound

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
Hi guys its with great embarrasement, on my part, it does indeed look like the sound is coming from my Sony HU even though i went into the sony HU menu and selected 'no beeps' - have had the head unit out today and there are no beeps throught the psaekers when i take out the keys out of the ignition now.

Now to get onto Sony and ask them why its still beeping when i have set beep to off and ask them how to disable this other jingle sound
It's a security measure built into it..

It's to remind you to remove the front from it..

I thought I recognised the sound :grin2:

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,966 Posts

Thats what we like, people who realise they have made a mistake, then still willing to come on, and tell us..0:)
Dont think you can switch the security feature off.
Havent Sony got something that says, if the back part is pinched, as long as you have the front they will replace it free of charge...

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,871 Posts
......Havent Sony got something that says, if the back part is pinched, as long as you have the front they will replace it free of charge...
JVC have/had.

Conversely, insurance companies don't like paying for stereos where front panel has gone missing with the rest of the unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts