Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an observation:
but compared to other Technical/generally serious forums we seem to have a great many pointless threads.

While I enjoy a laugh & we all do, I wonder, do we need a last person to post, a three word story, a change one letter, song title game, and now countdown from 1000000. :crazy:

I must admit the three word story is a laugh but maybe there needs to be a complete off topic section as they seem to get way more posts than actually useful/informative/humorous/interesting threads.

Lynch me if you like, but it's just an observation having been involved on other similar forums.

S

·
0 Posts
But they are in the General Chat section? I'll also move this to the Feedback forum...

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
I understand what you are saying - but frippery and high jinx fills in the gaps between your Renault breaking down!;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But they are in the General Chat section? I'll also move this to the Feedback forum...
Good man: I thought it was a bit too general for General Chat:crazy:

hugh121 said:
I understand what you are saying - but frippery and high jinx fills in the gaps between your Renault breaking down!
In that case this forum should be virtually empty :rofl:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, I can fully understand your perspective.

Something worth considering though, is that his forum (shouldn't in my opinion) just be about problem solving with our cars, and bashing the brand - isn't that just too cynical and dry to encourage continued participation?

I am organising my first (hopefully of many) Scottish meetings on the 14th January - I would hope that its more a social event, with some goodhearted advice/anecdotes, and positive outcomes rather than just a grumbling session.

Take television for example, some want it to inform, others to entertain. Who is right or wrong? Neither. Just be selective of the channels (or in this case, threads) that you read and reply to and you will find this forum is pretty much what you want it to be.

Freedom to choose is something to be encouraged.

Paul:)

S

·
0 Posts
Yep - I suppose the key thing is to tune the New Posts button to work how you want. I'd be loathe to permanently exclude any particular forum from the New Posts button 'cos I personally like to see all sorts of types of posts...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Freedom to choose is something to be encouraged.

Paul:)
That's what the BBC say about the licence fee. :rolleyes:

But I see what your saying, & wouldn't ever see it as a site to bash the brand!
At the end of the day, we all drive French cars so certain things go with the territory.
I'm just comparing what I've seen on other mainly French car forums that I frequent which do have a great community also, not purely technical.

Maybe it's something about Renault owners, I'm too used to PSA ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep - I suppose the key thing is to tune the New Posts button to work how you want. I'd be loathe to permanently exclude any particular forum from the New Posts button 'cos I personally like to see all sorts of types of posts...
I suppose the reason I started this thread is because whenever I click New Posts the most updated one's are nearly always Pointless...

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
That's what the BBC say about the licence fee. :rolleyes:

But I see what your saying, & wouldn't ever see it as a site to bash the brand!
At the end of the day, we all drive French cars so certain things go with the territory.
I'm just comparing what I've seen on other mainly French car forums that I frequent which do have a great community also, not purely technical.

Maybe it's something about Renault owners, I'm too used to PSA ;)

I was just thinking that about the bbc and the license fee - lets all write a ten pound cheque to Sir Selwonk!:d

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I was just thinking that about the bbc and the license fee - lets all write a ten pound cheque to Sir Selwonk!:d
And this post just illustrates what goodwood2scenic is talking about.

Sometimes my first thought on reading some posts is Huh?

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
And this post just illustrates what goodwood2scenic is talking about.

Sometimes my first thought on reading some posts is Huh?

I apologise for being a little abstract with that particular post. I was making reference to goowood2scenics observatiion about the BBC and the licence fee. The BBC talk about the "unique way they are funded" - I think that people, myself included, gain as much enjoyment and informaton from this site as they do from the services and products of the BBC. This site does not charge a licence fee!:)

Hope that clears up any confusion.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i think you are being hard about this point its mybe pointless to you :yawn: but not to others some times when on for most of the day 10am till 10pm the forum slows down to the point it stops you and others mybe at work at this time of day time but people like myself do not work and its something to do at all points of the day.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Just an observation:
but compared to other Technical/generally serious forums we seem to have a great many pointless threads.

While I enjoy a laugh & we all do, I wonder, do we need a last person to post, a three word story, a change one letter, song title game, and now countdown from 1000000. :crazy:

I must admit the three word story is a laugh but maybe there needs to be a complete off topic section as they seem to get way more posts than actually useful/informative/humorous/interesting threads.

Lynch me if you like, but it's just an observation having been involved on other similar forums.
At the time of posting this reply I notice that 54% of your posts to-date comprise of visits to the " Pointless Threads " not a criticism just an observation ;)

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At the time of posting this reply I notice that 54% of your posts to-date comprise of visits to the " Pointless Threads " not a criticism just an observation ;)

Regards

Ottoman
Only one in particular ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts