Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may know what is causing my leaking sunroof in my Clio Mk II. I took off the trim inside my car so I could see what was going on and I could see the water staining underneath the drain pipes! Do you think the pipes have come loose and is causing the water to leak into car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Leaking Sunroof

I'm f*ckin fed up of my clio now. 2 months the sunroof has been leaking for cos of this constant rain!

I have tried absolutely everything to stop the wter comin in but it continues. I've tried sealant and have even gaffer taped the whole thing up only to find a nice pool of water on my car seat this morning.

What do the drain holes look like at the rear of the wheel arch. I can't find them to clean them out!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did you find the drain holes ?? I think they are behind the plastic wheel arch cover, close to the sill. you may have to remove the two or so screws to ease this cover forward to see the flap.
good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks DAGW

I think i know where you mean. Just in the wheel arch behind the wheel are two small plastic looking plugs, does this need to be removed in order to clear ourt the pipes?

are any tools needed to remove these plastic plugs ie srewdrivers or hex keys, or can they just be removed by hand?

Thanks again

Barry

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Two Screws-which Look Like Philips Heads-close To The Sill-are Star 20, Which Is A Torx [if Ive Got That Correct] Type. I Think You Would Need To Remove These First-then The Larger Plastic Head Below And In Slightly From Them Is Just A Clip-according To My Dialoogys Info.
If You Gently Remove These You Should Be Able To Ease The Cover Out To Clean Out Any Blockage.
Best Of Luck--by The Way-does The Water Run Away From The Sunroof Drains Or Just Sit There ??

·
Registered
21 Posts
i had a friend with the same problem. but on a older clio. the problem was the seal that the sunroof surround sits on on the roof. thats whre the water came through. for cleaning the drain holes out nip to your local garge who has a compressor, and blow them through. should clear, if not then its either putting something in the holes like a welding rod to clear it. hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts