Independent Renault Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Should be able to switch on side lights with out ignition. Should be able to switch on all lights including indicates with ignition in position 2 with out engine.
It may not be quite the same as our Clio (Mark3 not 4), we have keyless go, so entering the car with key in pocket doesn't activate ignition; pressing brake and "start" button activates ignition and starter motor within a few milliseconds of each other, so I can't really tell what can be on without the engine! Our system is a pain when things go wrong because I can't just put the ignition on and start checking.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
43,394 Posts
Got a fuse box diagram here, BUT cannot print it off.
How much room on your lappy Gaz

·
Registered
350 Posts
Should be able to switch on side lights with out ignition. Should be able to switch on all lights including indicates with ignition in position 2 with out engine.
Have you tried this: lock car, wait a few seconds, unlock car and open door, put sidelights on (not headlights). Do they work? Reason I ask is because sidelights circuit is connected to the DRL circuit, because, with engine on, the DRLs should dim when the sidelights come on.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ours. Plenty of room on laptop, hardly gets used, to busy trying to fix cars.😊

Clioautomatic. I don't have any lights. But thanks for the suggestion.👍

·
Registered
350 Posts
Clioautomatic. I don't have any lights. But thanks for the suggestion.👍
^^ ... in which case it may not be directly connected to the key problem? There should always be power from the battery to the sidelights (parking lights) in case you want to .. er.. park (!) at night.
So, I'm agreeing with DDad above, that there must be a fuse out, or another hidden relay not triggering the circuit. Must be a hidden third fuse/relay box somewhere, that's just like Renault.
You seem to be along the right lines though, once the weather improves just trace the power through from battery to lights with a meter.
I'm guessing you may not have checked the lights with engine off every day (most people don't!) so this problem may have been there before you tried to program the key.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited by Moderator)
I have an update and some progress but first an apology to Mr. Haynes as the book does in fact have a good layout of both fuse/relay panels.
Started with the engine bay panel again and decided to test everything again. Checked all the fuses to see if power is going in and coming out. All OK. Started to check the relays.
R6 reversing light OK light comes on when engaging revers..
R5 injection electric control unit supply, that's OK as I can year a noise in that area.
R4 air conditioning compressor OK appears to work when switched on at the dash.
R3 fuel pump OK fuel pump can be heard.
R2 starter motor not ok, not sure if it can be heard clicking but bench tested it and was ok. As nothing working obtained a replacement. Tried that nothing. Checked the terminals on the board. 12v to coil and 12v to the com. side of the starter circuit.
Removed relay and decided to jump across the started terminals. Starter turned over. Then had the wife (she who must be obeyed). to get in the car and go through the start sequence. I then jumped the starter terminals again and CAR STARTED. :D
All lights working except direction indicators.
As I am not 100% sure that the relay makes whilst in situ this is my reasoning for the car not starting.
When ignition is on power is supplied to the coil of the relay but that is not the end of the circuit, it then go's to the UCH and then eventually an earth return allowing the circuit to be made, coil energised, switch made, starter then energised.
I have thus deduced that the UCH is indeed faulty in some way, hence the indicators not working.
Hope I'm wrong and someone will point me in the correct direction.

N.B. Haven't tried to drive it yet but I see no reason why it won't.

Posting bits from Haynes is a No No, forum copyright rules.
Please refrain

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
26,173 Posts
I've deleted the excerpts frm Mr Haynes, please don't post them.

Re your problems.
Well done to start with, moved forward.
Does seem to confirm one of my thoughts, that you had not mucked up the immobiliser side, if you had it still would not start.
So it is either down to UCH, Fuse, Power issues of some description or possibly back to the diagnostics?
I'm wandering if somehow you left a page "open" and that is doing it?
Probably not the best way of saying it but am thinking of computers and being unable to access a document if it is open elsewhere?

·
43,394 Posts
Have you sorted these out yet

ET181 Key allocated to the vehicle NO == UCH cannot see it
ET180 Key code recognised by the vehicle NO == UCH cannot see it
ET659 Transponder communication ACTIVE
ET674 Transponder communication YES
ET046 Engine immobiliser INACTIVE
ET182 Blank key NO
ET229 Injection immobiliser code ALLOCATED

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Apologies about the pages, was just trying to help.
DD I would agree but I think UCH is beyond me.

Ours. No I haven't resolved those issues. Just been concentrating on finding what has power and what doesn't.
I have not plugged the code reader in since.
I really do think I'm in too deep now.
I'll have another look on Thursday.
Tomorrow I will be doing my civic duty. Only time I'm not a scruff.😁

·
43,394 Posts
YOU wont get nothing to work, without these issues resolved mate

IMMO is on, so ECU is locked through UCH ( Wont get to UPC )
basic set up.
You insert key, ,,,, code accepted by UCH, UCH then informs steering , steering then informs UCH (again ) am happy carry on
UCH then tells UPC, we are ok,this end UPC then tells ECU ok you can allow starting of engine

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
That's part of what I find confusing.
Key card in and steering is unlocked. Therefore I assume the immobilizer is deactivated or maybe not, that is why it won't complete the circuit for the starter relay. I don't see how I can resolve the issue. UCH is written once, if there is a fault then it has to be replaced.
That's how I understand it.
I appreciate you have a better understanding of this than I do. 👍

·
43,394 Posts
ITS your KEY not the UCH , key is not being seen by the UCH
You need to programme a key to the UCH, you will then be able to clear all the E codes

Reactions: HeatherJ

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Thanks for info. Ours.
Don't think I can do it with the Autel have tried it and the messages don't make any sense.
I think I am going to bite the bullet and take it to a Renault dealer.
Apologies for the late reply.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Been having another go with this issue before I take it in. Plugged in the AP200 and read code again DF311
Transponder supply circuit. Live data ET181 key allocated to vehicle NO, ET180 key code recognised by vehicle NO
ET659 Transponder communication ACTIVE.
So decided to try and resolve the key issue again.
Went to SERVICE then HOT FUNCTIONS then IMMO KEYS then KEY ASSIGNMENT on the AP200
First message pops up. Read message and pressed Next.
IMG_20210220_161019[1].jpg
Next message pops up. No joy there so press Finish. Opened next function PROGRAM BODY COMPUTER.
IMG_20210220_161031[1].jpg
IMG_20210220_161112[1].jpg
Read the message and clicked next. This is followed by another message.
IMG_20210220_160316[1].jpg
IMG_20210220_160950[1].jpg
Now this is where I got a bit confused, wasn't certain if in the code it was letter O or number 0. turns out the number 0 would have line through it. So copied the code into the dialog box followed by the vehicle VIN, that's how I understood the instructions. Then clicked next. Next screen pops up with a new message. As I thought I may have typed an incorrect digit, I tried again. Same message.
IMG_20210220_160657[1].jpg Had several attempts at this all ending in the same message.
Am I typing the VIN number into the box wrong, tried to put a space between the code and the vin but would not let me. Also what does it mean by the AFTER-SALES CODE.

I appear to be going around in circles again unless someone has experience of the AP200 I am stuck.

Just as a side note, no independent garage or auto electrician will look at it as they say car is too new and their software does not cover it. Local Renault dealer is quoting £89 just for diagnosis.

Any Ideas (y)

·
43,394 Posts
That thing I sent you off @LvR
Have a look in there you might be lucky

(Did any code from the car appear for you )
For luv nor money can I read what you have posted

Reactions: Andrew Capp

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hello AC, First I should say I don't have direct experience, I'm just adding my thoughts on reading what you've put. Second, I admire your persistence, and I appreciate the fear of an impending huge bill from Renault.
What you've done this time does look logical, and I think I would have done the same. The 0 or O in the code on that screen shot is definitely a zero where you've typed it. The letter O is as in the middle of the second line, a fatter character.
At the beginning it warns you that if you don't do all the keys in one hit then the one(s) you don't do won't work afterwards, that's the same as hotel rooms. So it's logical that it may have got far enough down the procedure to disable the existing key, but not yet programmed the new one.
To me it's saying it can't code up the UCH because it's already been coded once before , i.e. when the car was new, so it's got itself in a twist.
When it can't code the key it goes back to a (false) assumption that the reason it can't is that the UCH hasn't been coded yet, which would be logical with a brand new UCH. Whereas it should be jumping to a different error message. That would mean it's the ap200 software has a missing link, which a CLIP may not have. Just a hunch. If I could I would try a newer version of the ap200 first if I could find a friend with one.
Not sure if that helps, but as mentioned it's not based on experience of coding a key. But it reminds me of when I went to get a spare key for a car I had 25 years ago, I went to a franchise dealer, told him the 5 digit number in the handbook, and I heard a clipping sound from out the back, he was literally cutting chips from a blank key, charged me £8 and the key worked first time.
: Those were the days.

·
Premium Member
Scenic II, 2004, K4M761, DPO
4,841 Posts
Been having another go with this issue before I take it in. Plugged in the AP200 and read code again DF311
Transponder supply circuit. Live data ET181 key allocated to vehicle NO, ET180 key code recognised by vehicle NO
ET659 Transponder communication ACTIVE.
So decided to try and resolve the key issue again.
Went to SERVICE then HOT FUNCTIONS then IMMO KEYS then KEY ASSIGNMENT on the AP200
First message pops up. Read message and pressed Next.
View attachment 189278
Next message pops up. No joy there so press Finish. Opened next function PROGRAM BODY COMPUTER.
View attachment 189279
View attachment 189281
Read the message and clicked next. This is followed by another message.
View attachment 189286
View attachment 189291
Now this is where I got a bit confused, wasn't certain if in the code it was letter O or number 0. turns out the number 0 would have line through it. So copied the code into the dialog box followed by the vehicle VIN, that's how I understood the instructions. Then clicked next. Next screen pops up with a new message. As I thought I may have typed an incorrect digit, I tried again. Same message.
View attachment 189288 Had several attempts at this all ending in the same message.
Am I typing the VIN number into the box wrong, tried to put a space between the code and the vin but would not let me. Also what does it mean by the AFTER-SALES CODE.

I appear to be going around in circles again unless someone has experience of the AP200 I am stuck.

Just as a side note, no independent garage or auto electrician will look at it as they say car is too new and their software does not cover it. Local Renault dealer is quoting £89 just for diagnosis.

Any Ideas (y)
You have again entered the wrong code there imo.

That tool we sent you .................... there is a PIN/IMMOBILIZER tab in it.............. This tool is used with CLIP .

With AP200 THAT process appears to be automated (I am guessing) - iow it creates the required code itself.

Now I have never tackled anything like your adventure with the AP200 myself so I cannot speak from experience but would say this:

Untitled.jpg

To me that box is there to enter the code provided there without the VIN ONLY .............. and then you have to wait 60 minutes for the registration/acceptance to complete (this is intentional in order to prevent thieves from jumping in a car with this dongle and quickly make it accept a new key).

After an hour key should work normally.

As I tried to stress before - do NOT attempt ANY coding/reprogramming without a fully charged battery and a very powerful charger or supply connected to the vehicle (CLIP has routines insisting on 13V lately before it will even allow the process to begin) - it will end in tears more often than not

Once again - I suspect you are probably looking for a bit of help from me on the AP200 thing but as I said - I have not attempted this action myself

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Thanks for the reply ours.
I have not been able to open the file you sent as computer blocks it as a virus threat.
As LvR comments the AP200 generates its own code.
Not sure what you mean when you say you cannot read my post.

ClioAutomatic the AP200 that I have is the latest version. I think it's me that is at fault. The instructions that I have do not resemble the messages that I get on the screen. That's how I keep getting stuck.

LvR Again I appreciate your input. You are correct that the AP200 generates it's own code but when I input it the code is always rejected. I have tried to input it with and without the VIN but when you click OK I always get the message " Entry error or invalid After-sales code. Go back to the previous step" . You get three attempts then you have to start again and it generates a new code. I understand the time delay thing for theft prevention but my understanding was it was only a few minutes. Is the 60 minute warning not telling you you have 60 minutes to complete the input or the process will be aborted.

·
43,394 Posts
Gaz read your PM see if it helps
Read it a few times

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thanks ours.
Have managed to open the attached file this time. All the information contained appears to be for a laptop and Can-Clip. The Autel doesn't allow that sort of editing. It should be automated apart from pressing Yes No etc.
Still don't know what the After-sales code is.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts