Independent Renault Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
43,394 Posts
Ok you get One key, ( The one before the VIn (08532RLKEYPM051EH3N17NP5YH11)) that you showed, then this is sent to Renault, and they send you the after sales code ( Hence the hour )
Now that thing from LvR should be able to generate this ( He says , as not sure if it will do after Clio 3)

Reactions: Andrew Capp

·
Premium Member
Scenic II, 2004, K4M761, DPO
4,841 Posts
Yeah since I have not had the misfortune to try the Clio4 immobilizer yet, I am unable to confirm the tool working for that too.............. not even with CLIP let alone the AP200.

The net is however full of people saying the Clio 4 immobilizer/key/card cannot be done via the OBD port - apparently intentional in order to increase security.

Autel is the only people able to help with the AP200's advertised features in a definitive manner - I can and have only ever reported on my own experiences using it as a faultfinding tool ............guessing Andrew will in the near future either debunk or confirm the Autel/AP200 Clio 4 card management myth.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm - I have an MX808 from Autel too (AP200 bigger cabled brother bought before AP200 was conceived) and thought let's see if this thing is mentioned as a successful tool for Renaults of the era and found on the Autel support forum another poor soul in Andrew's situation

Autel Support Communities

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Thanks again for the replies.
It all makes sense now regarding the code. Trouble is I don't know how to get the Renault after-sales code.
I've been doing a lot of searching like LvR and there appears to be a lot of people struggling to find this code. Read about one person who went to the Renault dealer to see if they could get it for him, apparently they had no idea what he was talking about.
I also looked up the Autel Support Forum. As LvR say's, no help there. I also emailed Autel Tech Support, not even a reply.
It would appear that Autel have overrated their product in the sales description.
As I said at the begining, I didn't actually initiate any programming, neither did I disconnect anything whilst it was still running. When it said that the UCH required programming it gave me the option to proceed or quit. As I was unsure how to proceed I quit before anything was deleted or messed with.........or so I thought. It appears to have changed something without being prompted.
I am not trying to shift the blame but I do now think there is a bug in Autel's system when it comes to newer Renaults.
That said, what do you call a newer car, this ones coming up to four years old.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
So question ................. have you been trying to make the car accept the new card while that was in the reader? ............. or was the (till then anyway) working card in the reader?

Check this out - these are translated but may offer an explanation:

Google Translate

Google Translate

I don't know if this is actually a fact but I quote from that link :

ATTENTION
At the end of the learning operation, do not remove the key until the message "Learning finished" is displayed
on the screen. Otherwise, learning does not prosper and the Central Habitat Unit is unusable.

Seriously - Did you at any stage attempt to do the learning of the card with a vehicle without a fully charged battery and also connected to a powerful charger/supply? -------------- you mentioned the battery going flat before :unsure:

I keep hammering on this because from what I have read on the net with people trying to unsuccessfully code cards to the Clio 4, almost all of the cases where there is an inability to code the cards (AP200 not mentioned or involved at all), the triggering event is often a battery went totally flat or the battery was somehow disconnected for a valid reason and upon recharge/reconnection, the vehicle itself simply forgot it was supposed to speak cards ...............
and then most all of the people report the inability by even "profession" guys with "professional tools" were unable to make the car relearn the ability to speak cards - Renault dealer apparently sorted the problem quickly though at huge expense.

Please don't take my participation here as a comment on your abilities - I am quite keen to have a well-defined answer to this problem's origin because of my involvement in things like this and you never know when I may be called upon to sort something similar - be the answer Autel/AP200/Renault or indeed the Clio4 itself ............... and school fees paid by somebody else is always a good thing where my wallet is concerned

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Thanks again LvR, all comments are helpful.
Answers to your questions.
When I started the procedure, I had the original card in the reader and was following the prompts.
Didn't get as far as the key leaning as it shows in the instructions, or on the YouTube vids I have seen. The messages I received were different to the one's shown.
The battery was fully charged and connected to a charging unit and the voltage was being monitored. I always do this whilst working with a diagnostic tool. Learned this from my other car which will not connect to diagnostics unless connected to additional power supply.
I have read the links to the posts you sent, although very informative they all refer to the Can-Clip
My comment regarding the battery drain was whilst I was checking the fuses and relays for power in and out.
Lastly I am not offended in any way regarding comments on my ability with cars. People learn by mistakes. Hopefully you do not make too many mistakes. That's one of the best features of this forum, people offer help without judgement.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
have read the links to the posts you sent, although very informative they all refer to the Can-Clip
That was the point - if CLIP with the fairly well-known code tool is also apparently unable to code cards then what chance does the AP200 have of accomplishing that?

On the mistakes thing .................. O I have a cupboard full of skeletons :devilish:

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
43,394 Posts
what area do you live in Gaz

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks for the replies but I have had to bite the bullet. Car is at the dealers now. Couldn't find anyone local who would look at a 2016 Renault with a possible programming issue.

Live in South Shields, Tyneside.

If it gets sorted I'll post the findings. Could help someone in the future. (y)

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Just received an update from the garage........new UCH required. :eek:
Now I didn't mention this before as I didn't think it was relevant but I do have a third party warranty with the car from Autogard. Personally never hear of them and as you know allot of these warranties are full of get out clauses. But you never know, the garage is going to try and make a claim on my behalf, fingers crossed.:cautious:
I'll update again when I know more. , (y)

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
From what I know you will need Renault ECU tool, avdi commander or similar tools. Expensive. Or playing with soldering, jtag etc.
Thanks for the information DilligaX but that sort of stuff would only fry my brain.o_O
I am at the age that any new information just over rights something old already in the brain and it's random. One day it could something as important as were I live. :eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not really, looking at the posts in this topic you were doing quite well. But my view might be skewed by being electronics guy.
In my day-to-day job we learn something new nearly every day.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Such a pity this would turn out to actually confirm the experience the other guys I mentioned posted about .................

I hope you will at least get your keys coded now too under the same job at the agents?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks for the replies but I have had to bite the bullet. Car is at the dealers now. Couldn't find anyone local who would look at a 2016 Renault with a possible programming issue.

Live in South Shields, Tyneside.

If it gets sorted I'll post the findings. Could help someone in the future. (y)
AC, I think you did all you could, so well done for trying. I'll stick to older cars! But my other half keeps wanting to upgrade, and has looked at the Mark4 Clio (or Captur). If it's any consolation, we have spent around £500 in the last 12 months on maintenance on our 14-year old Clio (some expense was expected as servicing and consubmables, but a lot unexpected). Newer cars overall should cost less to maintain, but more on depreciation.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
CAR NOW FIXED. :D

Sorry for the delay but I have had nothing to update until now.

Car went into dealers last Wednesday morning and I told them what the issue was, key releases the steering wheel and immobiliser is turned off but car would not start. Possible new UCH required.
Left a note inside the car for the technician/mechanic explaining in a bit more detail that the UCH does not properly communicate with the starter relay but the car could be started by removing the relay with the ignition on and jumping the starter feed terminals.
Received a call from the dealers later in the day confirming what I had said and a new UCH would be required and therefore had been ordered. One day delay for part to arrive.
Friday afternoon received call from the dealers to say the the part had arrived and had been fitted but the technician was having trouble getting the new UCH programmed in, had been on a couple of hours and was only at 11%. so would be Monday.
Garage side not normally open on Saturday but technician came in as he wanted to get it sorted, "good man".
Call on Monday to say that after spending some time trying to program the UCH into the car, it was decided that the new UCH was faulty and a replacement was ordered.
Wednesday, second UCH fitted and programmed in but was showing fault with one of the TPM's which was not showing before.
New TPM fitted and all was well.
Was told that the old UCH must have had more than the one fault and some pre-existing.
This is the note left in the car from the technician for me.
"There was no signal from the UCH to the active starter relay. UCH had feeds going in and all earths but nothing coming out. Replacement UCH required".
Hope that makes sense to the more Knowledgeable out there.(y)

Also the warranty people have picked up most of the bill.:)(y)
I'll give a bit more detail on that when it has been settled.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Great stuff. I'd love to know what the bill would have been, I'm guessing many hundreds, possibly more.
I assume we each get a little cut of your warranty windfall, for all the help we tried to give :cool:

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
This is for ClioAutomatic

UCH unit £191.08
TPM £18.51

Labour
Fitting UCH £157.5 1.5 hrs at £105 per hour
Fitting TPM £78.75

Total £445.84

Plus vat on some items and initial diagnostic charge making a total of £566.51

Warranty will pay £385.50 Leaving me with £181.01

Warranty will not pay for initial diagnostics or the full labour rate of the dealer, hence shortfall. But I think I got off lightly.
As a foot note, lady on service desk said that this was the easiest warranty company see had ever dealt with regarding getting approval for repairs and speed of response.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts