Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Just got a 2006/2007 Sat Nav disk from ebay for my 2003 Initiale v6.
The guy claims it has "Postcode Search" but i cant seem to find it.
I've emailed him but no reply as yet.
It came without a booklet so i'm stuck.
Any1 help out please ?
Thanx.

Mick

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi bigmick
did you get your disk from an ebay member called jasmineutd
if so his advert does'nt say postcode search
also he is no longer registered on ebay

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
If your system is like mine, try inputting the postcode into the CITY field - you might not be able to type in all of the postcode, but you should get most of the digits.

Hope that helps.

Paul:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Carminat informee2 with controls between front seats

Hi all, I have just found a link to the complete 2008/9 disc for the above system, full Europe coverage. I downloaded it and burnt it onto a disc and it works fine, no postcode search though. You have to burn it onto a dual layer dvd as it is about six and a half gigs. My car is a late 2005 Lag initiale so maybe I need to update the firmware on the Carminat system. Anyone out there have any more info on this? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Hi all, I have just found a link to the complete 2008/9 disc for the above system, full Europe coverage. I downloaded it and burnt it onto a disc and it works fine, no postcode search though. You have to burn it onto a dual layer dvd as it is about six and a half gigs. My car is a late 2005 Lag initiale so maybe I need to update the firmware on the Carminat system. Anyone out there have any more info on this? Thanks in advance.
Hows your French?
The author of this lot knows a thing or two about the Carminat system...Dave

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.planeterenault.com/forum/carminat-navigation-communication-dvd-t11733.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search?q=carminat+navigation+dvd+iso&hl=en&cr=countryUK%7CcountryGB&sa=G

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for that faffer, as far as I can tell, all the screens are the same as the ones I get after using the 2008/9 DVD. I just got an email from Renault after asking them if I could upgrade the firmware and it turns out that the firmware is installed when you use the latest disc for the first time, probably explains why it has to be dual layer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts