Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After wiring the C Box power supply to the radio, it did'nt work.

20210609_111016[1].jpg

After a long search though multiple forums for all over europe, do I connect it to 280380655R Sat Nav control module.

20210609_110952[1].jpg

Any help would be most appreciated.

Tom

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C Box is a digital interface which allows you to read usb stick.

20210609_192146[1].jpg

Have tried to connect to the radio wiring, it did not work no power to the USB. A Grey is the power source (5 wires 2 are can bus )

·
Registered
270 Posts
Espace IV is what I have and there is no info that you can program radio to accept C box or USB reader. Nothing in Radio part, nothing in UCH part of the manual and for UCH Renault describes a lot of programming. But not the radio, even the one with sat-nav.
So, if it doesn't exist in the menu of the sat-nav unit, I wouldn't bet that's possible.

My wife's radio in Pug 207 has an option in the menu "Turn on AUX".

For USB music I installed Vellerman's MP3 player

downside: it has to be powered all the time or it loses memory where the play stopped so it starts over from the beginning of list of tunes. And it has no shuffle option but id does play music from USB and SD card in MP3 format.

Newer and better option is VM8095 which takes only SD card but 32 GB of music, shuffle, 12V supply....but it costs 66 Pounds

I installed mine in the central glove box, pulled some wires and connected it to the original radio.
It plays when I select AUX on the radio, music quality is excellent, volume control from the car is active but radio controls do not change tune.
Just an option, as you are interested.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,.
C Box was fitted to the espace 4 2011 - 2012.
Using a CLIP I can activate the C Box, but it does'nt power the USB.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,794 Posts
Even if you power the USB are you sure the radio will play your music. An aux input is an externally decoded music file played through the system's amp and speakers. A USB stick only holds mp3 (or wma) files, it doesn't play them. Your radio needs to be able to recognise the file format and play it. I think what @Moxinel is saying is that your radio won't support the mp3 file format.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That's right.
USB is only memory, like cassettes or records. Radio itself plays music, ones that have that option.
Espace radio doesn't have option to play music from external memory, only from CD.

All music for AUX must be already read by some kind of player. Signal that is sent to AUX is the same like for headphones. All it needs is an amplifier and speakers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The C Box converts the digital to analogue signal through the radio and displayed on AUX the system screen.
I'm starting to think that the C Box is faulty.
Going to find another unit.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,794 Posts
The C Box converts the digital to analogue signal through the radio and displayed on AUX the system screen.
I'm starting to think that the C Box is faulty.
Going to find another unit.
So a C box is a media player? How do you control track selection and playback? I don't understand and Google isn't helping.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If that is right, then you have 3 options.

C box doesn't work.
Radio AUX doesn't work.
Radio AUX is not getting proper signal.

Any analog signal to AUX input of the radio must be played through car's speakers.
But, to get signal to AUX, I had to connect output of the USB player to the wires on radio connector.

From 3.30 on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts