Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, let me put all my related probs togeather.last monday light came on my dash Laguna II 1.9dci (2001) with a loss off power on excelaration,switched it off re started it light out no probs. same thing tue afternoon,had it put on diagnostic,no fults.have now found out that the light on dash is electrical fult,still intermitent.have an oil leak on hose from air filter(thanks chris for help),cleand the pipe and the pipe from the oil filler housing,(the housing was loose so tightend this up.this morning motor running lovely THEN power loss and light on +slight hot oil smell in cabin just a wiff,have now found that when light on, the pressure regulating solenoid (what ever this it tracked it down in good old haynes manual) is buzzing like a goodun.sounds daft but can this be my problem or could it be just a clue to something else wrong.(sorry to go on a bit):confused:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The solenoids do definately give problems....

If the unit is the one with 2 hoses on it,try bypassing the solenoid by joining the pipes together.It should tell you wether the unit is at fault or not.Don't run it like this for long,though.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
getting somewhare

Have run with the pipes off and conected,same prob,have now disconected the M.A.F sensor and have better power (not perfect) and no light on.looks like oil has been comming from end off pipe into rear of engien .will be tacking it into my trusted garage and see if it is the M.A.F sensor ,hope he is gentel with me with the part price :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts