Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if any of you have a solution

My laguna DCI is suffering a power loss - it used to happen infrequently and although annoying was bearable - now it does it nearly all the time

if you keep moving the accelorator up and down while driving it the loss doesn't happen - push the accelerator down and keep it down and the power goes.

It has just had a new turbo fitted and the EGR valve was cleaned - i am wondering if this has anything do do with

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.:)

Turbo boost solenoids are a common problem causing similar problems to the ones your experiencing.If the turbo has just been replaced,check all the vaccuum hoses are connected properly and check none of them are damaged.If they look ok,then by pass the boost solenoid by connecting the two pipes that go to it together.If this makes a difference to performance,replace the valve.

The valve is a small black plastic unit which has two small hoses running to it,and an electrical connection on the top of it.One hose should come from the inlet manifold somewhere,the other goes to the vaccuum unit on the turbo.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for that - Hubby in his wisdom took the turbo off ages before he put it back together and did say there was one more connection for the vacuum than there were hoses and he wasn't sure if they went back in the right place. So will pass that on and hopefully we can go back to the power loss once in a while :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well did what you suggested lagdti and the vacuum hoses appear to have been put back wrongly - the car now seems to be working much better - so thank you very much - only the keycard (I managed to break one of the solders on the battery connection when dismantling it) the rear bushes, the irritating tyre pressure warning lights, and the christmas lights on the dash to sort out now :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts