Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I bought a Renault Trafic 19 Diesel van it run OK until the battery went dead and I had to jump start it, now I'm getting loss of power when driving ( some times ) when this happens the glow plug light comes on on the panel, in the book it says this light should go out to start engine but if it comes on when driving there could be a electric or electrical fault it also says water in the fuel I've just had a full service done so it should not be a fuel fault. I'm thinking of having a diagnostic done on it, do you think this would help. I thank you for your help on this.
Regards.
Gerwyn

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All
I bought a Renault Trafic 19 Diesel van it run OK until the battery went dead and I had to jump start it, now I'm getting loss of power when driving ( some times ) when this happens the glow plug light comes on on the panel, in the book it says this light should go out to start engine but if it comes on when driving there could be a electric or electrical fault it also says water in the fuel I've just had a full service done so it should not be a fuel fault. I'm thinking of having a diagnostic done on it, do you think this would help. I thank you for your help on this.
Regards.
Gerwyn
Hi All
Just to up date I've booked it in for a diagnostic test for Thursday morning, will let you know how I get off.
Regards.
Gerwyn

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All
Just to up date I've booked it in for a diagnostic test for Thursday morning, will let you know how I get off.
Regards.
Gerwyn
Hi Again
Booked for Friday now:crazy:, lucky I phoned last night to check if it was OK to take it this morning:d. Well I've had no feed back yet as to this problem "R/Trafic loss of power" but I have read other posts on this problem:confused: it could be a couple of faults:cool::cool:.
Regards.
Gerwyn

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:cool::cool:
Hi Again
Booked for Friday now:crazy:, lucky I phoned last night to check if it was OK to take it this morning:d. Well I've had no feed back yet as to this problem "R/Trafic loss of power" but I have read other posts on this problem:confused: it could be a couple of faults:cool::cool:.
Regards.
Gerwyn
Hi All
Its only me:d, well I took the van to have the test done with my Son, it took about 1 1/2 hours " we went and had breakfast he paid:d", came back problem solved:cool: cost me £80.00:crying:. but now its like:driving:a new van.
Regards.
Gerwyn
PS As the van his Son's and his Wife's ( I put in down as mine ) he as the detales of what the fault was on the bill, if you would like to know please let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Pioneer3,
Could you let me know the details of the problem and the fix for it, thanks.:d

Cheers,

Steve
Hi Steve
Four G/Children slept over last night:crazy: no problem Mate, here are the detales on the invoice:

" Carry out Diagnostic test, found list of DTC'S
Cleared DTC'S and road tested, DTC DF205 returned. Carried out data list checks found boost pressure low, Carried out vacuum tests found no vacuum to terbo solenoid valve. Removed vacuum pump outlet found to be blocked, drilled new hole, refitted, road tested all OK ". Hope this helps.

It seams this model as another common fault the gear stick coming loose:eek:, well it willl be ready for our trip to the Somme and Flanders WW1 any other into this:cool:.
Regards.
Gerwyn
PS Getting it lined and carpeted this month then fitting three seats with S/Belts that can convert into a bed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Pioneer3,
Thanks for the detailed reply, that's something else I'll have to try, I hadn't thought of the vacuum pump, gonna try that tomorrow, thanks once again Gerwyn.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Pioneer3,
Thanks for the detailed reply, that's something else I'll have to try, I hadn't thought of the vacuum pump, gonna try that tomorrow, thanks once again Gerwyn.

Cheers,

Steve
Hi Steve
Goog luck, let us know.
Regards.
Gerwyn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts