Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Diesel Espace 2.2. I had removed the battery and when I reconnected it, switched the ignition on, car started and then the dash board went out and then the engine cut out. Now part of the system works i.e.
starter motor turns but don't think that the glow plugs are heating up or the fuel cut off released.
lights work but no indicators
heater works

The dash board still does not work !!! aaahhh !!! I have gone through all the relay switches and fuses and still no joy.

Is there anyone with an idea as to what is up ?

Please help!!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
It sounds as though you have spiked the cars electric components?:eek:

When you reconnected the cars battery? did you have the side lights switch on? i ask as you should have as this can help prevent what has happened,

Have you checked the large fuses in the engine compartment are all ok? you will find them in the engine compartment on the passenger side inner wing inside the black box,

Hope this helps Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds as though you have spiked the cars electric components?:eek:

When you reconnected the cars battery? did you have the side lights switch on? i ask as you should have as this can help prevent what has happened,

Have you checked the large fuses in the engine compartment are all ok? you will find them in the engine compartment on the passenger side inner wing inside the black box,

Hope this helps Don
Thanks for the reply Donald

Oh great that sounds like a complete **** up on my part...I was a mechanic when the ECU and sensors came about and gave the game up not long after... Sound like a major ....Got any ideas were to look BSI or ECU maybe or spares or repair...

All fuses are good, so what's next Donald

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The UCH is the body control module (which I think is in the passenger footwell as part of the fusebox),it looks after various functions on the car including the immobiliser,remote central locking,lights,wipers,radio,dashboard,engine ECU pairing,mileage,etc,etc,etc.

They can be fragile and disconnecting/reconnecting a battery can fry parts of the circuit board sometimes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
From what i remember the UCH unit is coded to one car only, if it is that, you will need a new unit.
Hopefully is isn't the unit because it costs about £400 from renault!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The UCH is the body control module (which I think is in the passenger footwell as part of the fusebox),it looks after various functions on the car including the immobiliser,remote central locking,lights,wipers,radio,dashboard,engine ECU pairing,mileage,etc,etc,etc.

They can be fragile and disconnecting/reconnecting a battery can fry parts of the circuit board sometimes.
Thanks Lagdti

I think I have seen this, next to the BSI is that right?
Sounds like a garage job eh.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what i remember the UCH unit is coded to one car only, if it is that, you will need a new unit.
Hopefully is isn't the unit because it costs about £400 from renault!

UCH is that french for ouch ! well I think I will have a look at that and see what happens....thanks very much for your info...:d

I feel like a complete:loser:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts