Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone besides myself like to see a forum giving general prices paid by members for parts/labour so that others can see how much repairs are going to cost (ball park figures)?
Even the cost of second hand parts would give something to haggle with!

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
'Tis a good idea polaris.

There is this site that gives a rough guide to the most common mechanical repair costs that people could look at. You quite simply put in your cars make, model, spec etc and the area you are in and, hey presto, what you should be paying:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought of starting such a thread when I saw the windscreen wipers topic, but this is out of my line.

Although I can't benefit from such a thread I absolutely agree that it would be helpful to all other members.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
It would be helpful but how would it be used? a large forum like this would need someone to manage it and put all the costs for each procedure on one page otherwise a long unsearchable thread would not be any good. aswell as this do you have one for each category? electronics, bodywork etc or do you have one thread /page with it all on under different categories?

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I think it is a good idea. Just would need to sort out which way people, like you, would prefer it to be ran

S

·
0 Posts
It is a great idea - we discussed it a while back. One problem was regional differences from what I remember...

I'll ask for feedback in the feedback section and take it from there

Comments please folks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts