Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My 2002 52 Privilege has a basic steering wheel like the one I had in the Expression. Is this right? I do not have variable speed for the intermittent wiper speed on the wiper control stick, or whatever it is called, and the auto rain sensor wiper does not seem to work, assuming I have it. Could someone tell me of all 52 Privilege Lagunas came with Sport wheel and how much it would cost to get one for mine. Thanks. Redbeeb

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Hi red,

My 51 plate priviledge seems to have the sport steering wheel, its smaller and chunkier than the steering wheels in other privilege models Ive seen. I must say I prefer the steering wheel though :) A lot of the models I was looking at had the basic steering wheel, I must have been lucky and found one with the option already installed. Not sure on the cost though mate. You could try ringing the dealers for an idea, and then maybe try ringing round scrapyards to see if you can get one of the cheap ??

The auto sensing rain wipers will still work Im sure, they may have been switched off for some reason ??. If you do a search on the forum I think theres a way of enabling them - I think if you search for hidden settings or something under the laguna knowledge base you might find it.

Also if the model has auto sensing wipers, then you dont get the variable intermittent wipe, mines the same. Bit frustrating actually as I like that function on my lag 1 phase 2 that I had.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
The Laguna's rain sensing wipers really have a mind of their own. Their operation defies logic, and it's easy to assume that they're broken. Rain sensing wipers on other cars (including other Renaults) seem to behave much more sensibly. The absence of the variable speed collar tells me that you do have the rain sensing wipers (though my Phase 2 has the adjuster as well as the rain sensors, which leaves me even more baffled as to how the rain sensing wipers are supposed to work.)

They did down-spec the Privilege in a few areas sometime in either 02 or 52 registration. The car lost a few features, including the parcel shelf sun blind and the 17" Silverstone alloys, so if the earlier ones had a sports steering wheel, the later ones may well not have.

A replacement wheel isn't going to be cheap, largely due to the airbag. If you're lucky, you might get one from a breaker's, though the airbag will have deployed on many that have been written off due to accident damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts