Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to change the spark plugs on my scenic today, did threee of them ok.

However i could not remove the screw on the last one. It had already been mauled and the torx bit i was using would not get a good grip and has now resulted in it being even more mauled. God know why but it seems to be tight compared with the other three.

I was thinking of removing what i think is the inlet manifold (black plastic thing) to gain better access and maybe use some sort of centre punch to try and get the screw head turning.

What is involved with removing the manifold? Ican see some screws along the front edge and feel a couple at the rear. Are there any more and is it a case of undoing these and lifting the manifold up, it probably does no need to come off altogether if i could raise the front of it to be able to get at the scre head better then that would do.

If anyone has any other suggestions i am all ears:confused:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Rob - if the torx bolt is already duff it may be worth trying to see if an allen key might fit - use a slightly larger size and try tapping ot home - just be careful you don't break the coil - you'll also need to fit a new bolt - some ar eactually fitted with 10mm normal headed bolts:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rob - if the torx bolt is already duff it may be worth trying to see if an allen key might fit - use a slightly larger size and try tapping ot home - just be careful you don't break the coil - you'll also need to fit a new bolt - some ar eactually fitted with 10mm normal headed bolts:)
Managed to get it out, totally ruined it in the process.

Fitted a new standard bolt and everything is now ok:)

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts