Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help does anyone know why my espace 2003 air conditioning is not working...i had it re gassed but no joy
I have had a problem with the reversing lights and had to replace a switch could these be linked as I know they uus the same fuse
would anyone advise a repair in France it all seems soooo expensive in UK....ta v much zoey

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Zoey.

Someone might be able to advise you on your aircon prob who has more technical knowledge than myself.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

can you give a little more detail as to the problem including the regassing. Do you hear the air con kick in. If you open the bonnet with engine running and get someone to swich the air con on and off, you should hear it click on. If this occurs its not the fuse.

When it was re gassed did this just involve a top up or did the gargae remove the old gas, in which case they should have known how much was in the car, this may help indicate a leak. Did they then re fill the system and inject a dye. If so then its is easier to then check if the gas is leaking from the system. The modern equipment evacuates the gas still remaining, measures it, and then holds a vacuum, good for getting moisture out and may indicate a leak, it then fills the system with new gas, lubricating oil and dye, to assit in detecting a future leak.

I had my car in at the weekend and the mechanic allowed me to view all and explained everything as he did mine. The problem I had was the system only had 295g of gas and not the recommended 550 but never the less he followed through the whole procedure. Everything works a treat now.

The first thing he did was to check the air con did switch on and did it by opening the bonnet and got me to switch air con off and on. He then let me hear and it was ovious it was switching on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx for advice

Many thanx for your advise we took our vehicle to a local garage in Clapham and he looked at it ...but he couldnt find out what was wrong due to the fact that he couldnt get any info on the electrics of this model ...obviously renault want us to use the main dealer and pay over the top for the repairs.....we are off on holiday next week ...yes to france so we are going to check it out over there....will let you know how we get on ttfn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts