Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just went and bought a 1998 Scenic I Alize today, but the radio wouldn't work. I took it out and found that the cables didn't match the connections:crazy:

I worked out that they were just extensions on the original cables though, so I pulled them off and plugged the normal ones back in, only to be greeted by a bright orange "CODE..." on the LED!!!

I don't have the code as I didn't get any books or literature at all, even though I bought it from a proper garage. I don't really want to mess about at a dealers to get it sorted so I just wondered whether there was anything you kind people could do to help? I seen some other threads around where someone posts their serial and they replied with a code - could it be that easy for me for once?:)

I really like this place, I stumbled accross it by accident really but I'm so glad I did, I can see me spending quite a lot of time here from now on:rofl: If I can't be helped no worries, but please could someone let me know if this is the case, thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had another fiddle and found a 4 digit number written in pencil on the top - I thought this might be it so I entered it (thanks to the guide I found on this forum! - I never even noticed the thumbwheel:rolleyes: )

But it wasn't it - it just said CODE again!!! damn. I found an eBook on eBay that says it will generate a number for 99% of car radios. It's only £1.50 - anyone think I should give it a shot? knowing my luck I'll have one of the 1% radios that wont work:p )

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have not used a generator from ebay myself but know of people who have and it does work and its the cheapest option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I bought one and just got it before, the only one I can find that works asks for a serial for a renault - but it says it must start with BP - but mine starts with an FD??

All the rest want an eeprom dump whatever the heck one of them is?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The device you have got will generate a code for the chip inside the unit, the code on the chip is the one it will request. An eeprom dump is the software code for an electronic chip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so basically I'm snookered without buying something to read the chip? I guess the dealers garage is the only way to go then. How much will it cost?

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is an example of the data:

File information:
File name: 22DC279.zip
Size: 1 kB
Extension: zip
MD5 Checksum: 9cce787e75b64e0e4a2680fd1f65081a
Mfg: Philips(Renault)
Model: 22DC279
Original no||Chassis||Ordercode:
Description: EEPROM dump (24c32) for Philips / Renault car radio, model: 22DC279, tested in Renault Avantime.
Group: Electronics > Automobile > Audio >
Uploaded: 2006-09-21 17:04:44
User: popolvr6 (0)
Multipart: No multipart

·
Registered
29 Posts
It will require taking the lid off the unit and reading the number on the chip, it is visible to the naked eye, your best option would be to take the unit to a car audio dealer that recodes car units, there should be plenty in the yellow pages or even on line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would give the second one a try however there are no 14 digit numberrs on the radio? These are all the numbers I can find on it:-

Radiosat 6010
7700 433 072
phillips 22DC461/62L
Prod No. FD0898374021400
FD 0898 37 4021400

As you can see none of those are 14 digit, what should I do now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Glenda!

I read the threrad and found the link, the guys over at that forum sorted me out in no time. Only thing is I think I'll end up having to go to the dealers anyway now cos either the radio doesnt work or the speakers dont work! there's no sound!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts