Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just purchased a Clio GT Line 4 days ago and have had on occasion issues with it starting. The issue I am having is I go through the process the same way every time, press in clutch, press stop/start button engine starts, great, but sometimes I press the stop/start button and the engine does not start instead I get a amber light in the dash, according to the Manuel this light is the Toxic Fume System warning light ?

Does anyone know what could be causing this, I did take it back to the dealer yesterday however they couldn’t find an issue.

Thanks

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,226 Posts
Did the dealer see the actual problem you were talking about or did it not happen whilst you were there, and is this the Dealer you bought it from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Vapulabis,

Yes I took it back to the dealer I bought it from, as far as I was aware they didn’t see the problem, they did plug it in to the computer and no fault codes were registered, iv tried to google the fault etc but doesn’t seem a common fault.

·
7,226 Posts
you need to take the car back to garage and tell them there is a problem with it, explain the problem and if required leave the car with them, taking one of their courtesy cars. The car is faulty and not fit for purpose and needs fixing, if they wont fix it then we will have to get the "2015 Consumer Credit Act" involved and I can provide you with a letter format for them to fix it or give you ALL your money back

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Vapulabis, I will take it back to the garage tomorrow, I was hoping it was something that I was doing rather than a fault to be honest.

·
7,226 Posts
With all the best will in the world, if you do all the same stuff, all the time, to start the car and sometimes its starts normally and other times it throws a whinge at you, you are not the problem, something on the car is

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have any idea what could be causing the issue ? Is it something you have encountered before ?

·
7,226 Posts
Exhaust gas monitoring system
The exhaust gas monitoring system will detect any malfunctioning of the vehicle's exhaust gas anti-pollution system. If this system malfunctions, toxic substances may be released into the atmosphere or damage may occur.
This instrument panel warning light shows any system faults:
This comes on when the ignition is switched on and goes out after three seconds.
  • If it comes on continuously, contact your RENAULT Dealer as soon as possible.
  • If it flashes, reduce the engine speed until the light stops flashing. Consult your RENAULT Dealer as soon as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts