Independent Renault Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
There wasnt any plastic on top of the oil filter. I always smear a little engine oil on the rubber seal befire fitting the new oil filter. I can try to take out the oil filter and check it to see if there is something wrong with it or if there is oil in it the way it should be. But we cant forget that there is coming an intence white ish smoke all the time when it was running.

I also tried yesterday to put a very simple diagnose on it and it said there were two errors regarding glow plugs. And nothing else. Tried to delete the fault codes, but they are stuck there. But i dont think that have anything to do with this issue.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,428 Posts
Turbo issues then

Pull the hose off where it fits on the turbo mouth

Start the engine, smoke stops Turbo seal has gone, and the rattle you can hear is the turbo fins hitting the sides of the turbo casing

YOU didn't need touch fuel system did you, and the engine is deffo running on all 4 cylinders

Reactions: skippy glen

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Turbo issues then

Pull the hose off where it fits on the turbo mouth

Start the engine, smoke stops Turbo seal has gone, and the rattle you can hear is the turbo fins hitting the sides of the turbo casing

YOU didn't need touch fuel system did you, and the engine is deffo running on all 4 cylinders
Which hose will that be i should pull of then? I dont know if it goes on all 4 sylinders.

It uses a little more time to start when i have pressed the start button. And it doesnt run nice when it is just idling. It is lower on the idle just as it is almost wanting to stop.

No i dont have to touch any fuel system when changing oil and oil filter.

I have had the car since 2014. And it has run now only a little bit over 200 000.

·
Premium Member
Clio Mk IV 1.5 dCi MediaNav S/S 2013
3,876 Posts
That sounds bad. But take a step back. Could it be piece of ancillary equipment that has failed bearings, the alternator perhaps?

·
39,428 Posts
Lets ask this then
HAVE you used any oil?
IF no, the white smoke is not oil being burnt

Certain diagnostic machines wont pick up a lazy injector ( Lots wont actually ,this comes down to experiencing a bad injector , and once you have heard it, you know its only running on 3 cylinders )
You have assumed because of the oil change its that

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,450 Posts
If you do pull the oil filter off and if you still have the old filter try refitting that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Lets ask this then
HAVE you used any oil?
IF no, the white smoke is not oil being burnt

Certain diagnostic machines wont pick up a lazy injector ( Lots wont actually ,this comes down to experiencing a bad injector , and once you have heard it, you know its only running on 3 cylinders )
You have assumed because of the oil change its that
Cant say i have used any oil. Beacuse the day i changed the oil was the same day the issue came. So after changing the oil i only drove for approx 2 hours. Since that i only have just tried to start the car now and then.

·
Registered
311 Posts
So I doubt the car would have run for 2 hours with an oil starvation problem. So its sounding like it could be a coincidence that something like the Engine or turbo etc has failed unfortunately.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Can you check...still got the can??
How much went in?
What I am hearing is a serious knock that screams of low/no oil
I always buy 2 big cans (4 litres) of oil when i changed oil on that car. I usually fill a little more than 1 can. It says in the manual it should have a little over 4 litres. It is showing on the dip stick that it is normal level. I think it was either 10w 30 or 5w 40.

·
39,428 Posts
OIL viscosity will make NO DIFFERENCE
so even if wrong oil used, this wont cause a knock in such a small time scale

Reactions: Ralph

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
OIL viscosity will make NO DIFFERENCE
so even if wrong oil used, this wont cause a knock in such a small time scale
I agree. Do you know how i can disconnect the turbo to see if it can be the problem? I dont think it is the turbo. It sounds more like there is a piston or something else in the engine that dont get lubricant.

·
39,428 Posts
Air filter hose,

If you are willing to take air filter housing off
You then start the engine
Rev it
Now switch off, Wait a couple of minutes until turbo stops spinning
Now wipe it inside turbo mouth, be careful, and make sure the turbo has stopped spinning ( Use a torch or light off your phone to check )

Start the engine rev to 2000 rpm, hold it a few minutes
Switch Engine off, NOW just look inside NO FINGERS , just use a light Should be no oil ,

21 - 40 of 44 Posts