Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Air filter hose,

If you are willing to take air filter housing off
You then start the engine
Rev it
Now switch off, Wait a couple of minutes until turbo stops spinning
Now wipe it inside turbo mouth, be careful, and make sure the turbo has stopped spinning ( Use a torch or light off your phone to check )

Start the engine rev to 2000 rpm, hold it a few minutes
Switch Engine off, NOW just look inside NO FINGERS , just use a light Should be no oil ,
I am not sure how to get to the turbo on that car. I dont even know where it is placed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 grand scenic 1.5dci.

I changed oil and oil filter on it last week. And then started driving as normal. Suddenly i started to notice that the car was missing power uphill. So i changed gear and it worked. But suddenly i started hear a "rattling"/"knocking" sound from the engine. So i didnt drive any further. Havent had it on workshop, asking here first. Now when i start it it makes the same noise from the engine and it is also a bit squeeking noise. It is just like something in the engine is "dry" and also it is coming white smoke from the exhaust.

So do anyone have a suggestion on what can be wrong? And can i if so fix it myself? Will it be expencive to fix?

If anyone have a link to a video and/or parts i need to fix the problem it would be very much appreciated. Hopefully someone can help me solve the issue.
Could possibly be an injector that has given up the ghost, I have had to replace three on my Renault one at a time as they have given up and the car has started to noisily run on three cylinders lose power etc.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts