Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Firstly apologies if this has already been posted. I have read through all FAQ's but haven't come across a problem identical to this.

The problem is with my girlfriends Mk2 Clio (51 plate). I went to lock it via the key fob button this afternoon and after the central locking locked all doors, there was constant high pitched beeping noise coming from the engine area. This noise doesn't appear to go away and as a result we have had to lock the car manually - another point is that when locking the drivers door manually the central locking doesn't appear to work so we have to now lock each door individually. Another point I should mention is that the round circle on the dash flashes red (we don't have the user booklet for the vehicle...its located between 'SERV' and another button that I can't remember) - what does this flashing mean? I have read that the beeping sounds correspond to different faults, but I've not found out what a constant beeping sound means?

I'd be hugely grateful for any advice given.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all,

Firstly apologies if this has already been posted. I have read through all FAQ's but haven't come across a problem identical to this.

The problem is with my girlfriends Mk2 Clio (51 plate). I went to lock it via the key fob button this afternoon and after the central locking locked all doors, there was constant high pitched beeping noise coming from the engine area. This noise doesn't appear to go away and as a result we have had to lock the car manually - another point is that when locking the drivers door manually the central locking doesn't appear to work so we have to now lock each door individually. Another point I should mention is that the round circle on the dash flashes red (we don't have the user booklet for the vehicle...its located between 'SERV' and another button that I can't remember) - what does this flashing mean? I have read that the beeping sounds correspond to different faults, but I've not found out what a constant beeping sound means?

I'd be hugely grateful for any advice given.

Thanks in advance.
Hi I am not technically minded but I do know a little info due to experience of have myself a clio!

First off the central locking on Clios only locks via the remote (fob) when locking via the door this will not lock all doors! (I know seems stupid!)

The red circle light (Immobiliser Light) will flash and this is normal (this info is from my handbook) it indicates that the car is being protected my the immobiliser.

In regards to the beep - you could trying disconnecting the battery and reconnecting?

Let me know how you get on!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate.

I've rang our local Reault garage this morning and they have told me that the continuous beeping is due the door/boot/bonnet begin open - these are measured by the alarm pin switches. I checked the bonnet and doors yesterday and all switches seemed to be working ok. However, I couldnt locate the boot pin switch so I'm hoping that once I find that when I'm home from work its either come loose, stuck in etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks mate.

I've rang our local Reault garage this morning and they have told me that the continuous beeping is due the door/boot/bonnet begin open - these are measured by the alarm pin switches. I checked the bonnet and doors yesterday and all switches seemed to be working ok. However, I couldnt locate the boot pin switch so I'm hoping that once I find that when I'm home from work its either come loose, stuck in etc.
Let us know if this resolves your issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.