Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I've got a few problems with my car, which is a 1999 Renault Megane Sport 1.6. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else had the same problems & whether you went to Renault or to a garage to fix them (and how much it cost!)

1. The electronic on board computer no longer works correctly. I can no longer scroll through the options (Total mileage, Mileage per journey, Average miles per gallon, etc.) I'm worried that one day it will fail an MOT because for that the garage needs to be able to note the total mileage!

2. The on board computer and display dials (e.g. the Speedometer) sometimes go into a sort of test mode. For example, the Speedometer display goes from 0 miles an hour to 20 miles to 40 miles to 60 miles to 80 miles and then back again. It lasts for about 5 minutes & during this time I have no idea what speed I'm doing so I can't drive.

3. The petrol cap would not open and I had to go into the boot of the car, take off the material bit & push the petrol cap open from inside the car. Oddly, this problem occured for about 6 months then magically fixed itself!

4. Finally, there are a lot of new 'rattling' noises which have appeared in the last month or so, but it's only 6 months since my last service so I don't really want to get another service so soon (especially as I only do about 5k miles p.a.)

That's it for now! Any advise would be welcome!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Not sure about the other problems,but your car won't (or shouldn't:rolleyes:) fail the MOT because the mileage is not displayed.

All it will say on the certificate is 'not available' or 'not displayed'.

PS,your not my brother are you?:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know my car won't fail it's MOT - cheers for the info!

P.S. Nope, i'm female (can't you tell by the girlie questions!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts