Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Wonky's going to slap me for this, because it's a blatant case of a user asking "Can you make Application A behave like Application B, even though it was written by totally different people with different purposes in mind." Still, I have to deal with questions like that, so it's fun to have the boot on the other foot every once in a while :p

Some of the other forum sites that I'm using (yes, I'm a tart, I know) run Invision Powerboard. One thing I've noticed about them is that you get a lot more options in a user's profile: Most interestingly, they can have a customisable 'Interests list' (generally used as an 'about me' area.) You also get a list of the people who have recently visited a profile, along with recent new threads and posts that the user has created. It even has a blogging function, though I've yet to try to use it.

I'm just wondering if any of these features are available to vBulletin and whether or not it would be possible to install/enable them. Even if it's not possible to implement this within profiles, I wonder if there's any way we could have a blogging feature. I reckon that would work quite well on the social side of the forum, letting the regulars keep the other regulars up to date on what they're up to without posting too much trivia to the main forums.

S

·
0 Posts
Not sure about the other stuff, but a blog plug in will be available shortly straight from vBulletin IIRC. It's one I was interested in, so I'll have a look at that. I will need to upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin which, as those of you who have been around for a while will remember, is a pretty big job

Watch this space...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts