Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I've recently had a problem with my proximity or hands free door locking. I have used it no problems since owning the car but in the last week or so I've noticed the drivers door lock button on the handle appears to be intermittent at best? The other doors appear to lock the car ok and the driver door unlocks every time with the sensor behind the handle.

Has anyone else seen this and is it likely to need a new drivers handle or button if available seperately?

Thanks
mow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all
I've recently had a problem with my proximity or hands free door locking. I have used it no problems since owning the car but in the last week or so I've noticed the drivers door lock button on the handle appears to be intermittent at best? The other doors appear to lock the car ok and the driver door unlocks every time with the sensor behind the handle.

Has anyone else seen this and is it likely to need a new drivers handle or button if available seperately?

Thanks
mow
hi i'm having a similar problem its just started this week all the doors lock ok but when i press the unlock on the key card all the doors open apart from the drivers door it only unlocks intermitently its drivi ng me mad.i've been told it could be the sensor on the door as all the others unlock ok.:mad:

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
hi i'm having a similar problem its just started this week all the doors lock ok but when i press the unlock on the key card all the doors open apart from the drivers door it only unlocks intermitently its drivi ng me mad.i've been told it could be the sensor on the door as all the others unlock ok.:mad:

Again use WD40 :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all. I too am have issues with the door buttons. The drivers door packed up months ago and now the offside rear has gone. The offside rear worked sometimes and then it died. I've tried WD but with no success. What i have noticed is that the two working buttons still have a clean crisp click when pressed gently, the drivers door feels like a soggy sponge so i'd say that the button itself was buggered. I've tried to remove the door card but with no success, i got the pull handle off exposing one screw, another lay behind the door opening handle and two along the bottom edge, but the door card still feels firm, i really don't won't to yank it for fear of breaking any clips. Did anybody get any further with this? what parts are needed? Many thanks, Andy Rudge. 57 Clio 1.5 Dci initiale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts