Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i need ur help, u may have seen my previous thread about the leak, but its now gone worse, weather got better so i thort i'd deal with it later, been parked up 2 days

leaks in rear passenger footwell only

its been there for a while, jst neva this bad!

take a look at the pics..

i think its the rubber seal around the frame of the door.

what do you think? is it sumthing else? anyone else had this?

just want to make sure it is that, before i spend £50 on a dam rubber!

Thanks

this is what it looked like when i opened door in morning

notice the rubber seal...

and here is a video i made, after i cleaned it up and got my bro to pour water on the car from outside over door and roof.. it comes in exactly where the puddle is on the door seal..

do you think it is definately the door seal then? wanna make sure as 50 pound is steep for sum rubber..

Video of Clio Water Leak Entrance - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
the water is more offen to come in from the door not the rubber take the door trim off the glued on and thats all that stops the water coming in

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the water is more offen to come in from the door not the rubber take the door trim off the glued on and thats all that stops the water coming in

sorry cud u be more specific?

u referring to the plastic on the door itself?

·
Registered
42 Posts
one screw by the both handles and two may be three at the base . remove the mirror cover just pulls off the upright trim on the other side where the door opens . pull the panel from the base you will find a sealer holding the panel on and stoping water from coming in

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have never had one leak past the door rubber . i have loads leak in this way . as long as the rubber not damaged it should be ok

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Eggy - check the drain holes in the bottom of the door are not blocked - all doors get some water inside that's why there are drain holes - give them a poke with a bit of wire.:)

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay ive figured out its not the door seal..

basically sum water is slippin down the inside of the window (which is normal happens on both doors) but on passenger side it is splashin out and not goin to the gutters at bottom, instead slippin out from bottom of plastic door card, onto the rubber seal and then into the car (as its parked on a hill overnite) ive redcued it buy putting a plastic sheet (plastic which comes with anew mattress lol) on inside of the door card and closing it back up, it no longer comes inside in huge amounts like before no puddles.. but it still is drippin in slightly, so still causing a damp footwell, not necesserily a wet foot well like before ..

anyone no a permenant fix for this?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Eggy - Did you check if the drainholes in the bottom of the door were clear - poke them with a bit of wire and see if any water runs out:) Thats what they are there for:confused:

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah thats what i was thinking..

thats why i put my own plastic sheet there, reduced a lot of water.. but obviously didnt stop it completely..

u know anyone that could do a proper job on the plastic? will renault charge much for it?

hmm, i mite take driver side door card off and see how its dun, and try again.. myself..

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi yeah drain holes are fine.. its the plastic sheet problem, they wasnt one on my passenger door, making it come out of bottom of door card..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts