Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi the problem is when i press the start button nothing happens??i have took the battery out charged it up over night put it back in but nothing it was making a clicking noise before i took battery out but today nothing ,

can any one help me out?????

cheers ally:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where are the switches located??? will check feed to starter
thanks for your time
cheers ally

will let you know the outcome thanks again

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
My Vel Satis had this exact issue. A brand new battery is what it needed, the old battery was so knackered that it just wasn't holding enough charge to start the car, even after being fully charged overnight.

Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for your time its the same battery since new so going to buy a new one
and see what happens
cheers ally

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
checked starter all wires are connected and at clutch and brake all wires ok
next step new battery fingers crossed again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,this is fairly common to Lagunas. The exciter wire to the starter motor is green. You need to put a meter to it and see if it lights when you press the starter button.If it doesnt if you look to the right of the battery you will see some connector blocks, I think they are grey with a purple clip. One of the blocks will contain this wire. You can tell its green going into the block and white going out. There will be a bad connection there or even the wire fell out of the plug. I think youve had a low battery and when youve taken the battery off to charge it the wire has been disturbed. Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi, thanks for everyone input got new battery same thing happened started ok when new battery fitted next day same thing happened got altenator checked was ok took starter off got checked was ok cleaned conectors to altenator put back on and it went ok so must have been a faulty connection
cheers ally hope this helps other people out

p.s it has been one thing after another with this car not good going to get a push bike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts