Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I need the advice from the Renault Forum.

To my car has started to play up with the push button start, I have to hold the button in to get this to start, normally i just press the button and the engine starts.

I have had this issue before, but this turned out to be the alternator as it burst into flames, that was only about 2 months ago. I have checked the voltage of the battery, this shows over 12 volts when not running. when its running it shows over 14 volts, this is correct from what i have been told.

I have tried the starter button fix here: http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21218&highlight=laguna+start+button

This did not work.

Would say this was a faulty switch or something else.

Cheers for the help.

Matt

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Had the same fault on my Laguna (would come and go). It seemed to happen after an engine stall or if the battery was a bit low (seemed to happen the same time that the windows go into inch mode)

Manage to cure it when I bought a Clip diagnostics tool. The ECU had quite a few stored faults, nothing too serious but when cleared the button start acted normally.

That was a month ago and it's been fine since.

Ian

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the issue with the electirc windows going into inch mode, that corrected itself, i have a cougar code reader which i have cleared the faults on a few days back and checked again today and nothing.

I have got one issue which i am not sure if its related, but the throttle sensor keeps on playing up.

Not sure if that is related through.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I had the issue with the electirc windows going into inch mode, that corrected itself, i have a cougar code reader which i have cleared the faults on a few days back and checked again today and nothing.

I have got one issue which i am not sure if its related, but the throttle sensor keeps on playing up.

Not sure if that is related through.
Was the problem with your windows battery related?

I can't remember if I also cleared the faults on the UCH (since it's that computer that handles starting).

The manual is a bit vague about what can cause this. Just indicates that it goes into this 'protective' mode when things aren't right.

What's the problem with the throttle - is it one of the pots giving false readings?

The other things that can cause this are a fault in the grear detection switch (detects reverse and neutral) or the clutch switch.
That's where the Clip comes into it's own - you can see the state (ET) of these switches change.

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.