Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I was fixing 4 chips in a car's windscreen today - the car was a Hummer H2 - a car so large (photos don't do it justice), that I was using a stepladder to reach the chips on the screen.

I was speaking to the owner (who was as interested in my repair technique, as I was in his car - which he'd owned since new).

Mull these facts/figures around;
  • the car gets 5mpg (unless he puts the foot down) whereby it drops to 1-2mpg...
  • it has a 320 litre fuel tank which takes approximately one hour to refuel (as he has to pay in intervals)
  • each tyre (specific to this model) costs £500 per corner
  • each wheel & tyre weighs 75kg
  • car weighs 4tons
He also owns an H1 (the military one).

It must be great to have the money to cope with these kind of running costs!;)

I know many will (justifiably) say that these cars are dinosaurs, devouring the planet's resources - but I have to say, working on this one (with bright yellow paint & shiny chrome) that I felt like an enthusiastic wee boy, playing with a Tonka toy!

Just thought a few petrolheads out there would like to share my experience.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Jeez amazing...

So if he used it for an annual mileage of say 15000 miles at 5mpg using 3000 gallons of fuel at £4.09 a gallon = £12,285 annual fuel bill alone.:eek:

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
A chap I know has an Enzo - parked it in our close one day. This thing almost costs as much as 2 houses!!

It makes an amazing noise!!:d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I hope he makes the most of his Hummers as our beloved government will probably be banning them soon!.:rolleyes:

I personally can't see the attraction in them,but they are amazing pieces of engineering.As you say,you have to physically see one to be able to comprehend the size of them.They are a bit of a pose,but their not for me....:eek:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He lives in the former USSR, and is a registered arms dealer...

Cars are registered over there as well.

I made sure I did a good job in case a cap was popped in my a$$!

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He sounds like a good chap to know......

(Note to self,don't upset Velsatisfied,he has friends in high places....:))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts