Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting your car details onto your profile (appears as "garage" in every post)

Hello everyone, firstly I shall say welcome to Renault Forums. The idea of this thread is to show all of you step by step how to enter what car(s) you drive into your profile, so that it appears at the bottom of every post you make.

The main reason for this it to help other member to help you, as it will tell them the basic details of your car (model, engine size, trim etc...).

For simplicity I shall be starting this guide from the RF (Renault Forums) home page.

Enter your "User Dashboard" via the link in the top left of the page (arrowed)

The next step is to click on "Edit Your Details" which is the first option under "Your Profile"

The final step is to now scroll down the page to the "Additional Information" box (last 1/3 of the page) and enter your car details. You can add as many as you like here, as some members drive more than one car reguarly.

That is how I have put the details of my car

Very, very, very last thing you need to do now is click on "save changes" at the very bottom of the page.

Job done

This will now appear at the bottom of every post you make in the whole forum, if you want to change this at anytime, you only have go back through the few steps above.

Thank you for reading this, and again welcome to RF

daft_plonk (DP)

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
I suggested something like this on signing up to the forums but I seemed to have been shot down in flames

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I suggested something like this on signing up to the forums but I seemed to have been shot down in flames
I don't know if its possible from an Admin point of view, but I'd agree, this should be a mandatory part of the sign up process.

:beer::beer:

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
I remember it being mentioned a while back when we had loads of new posters posting problems with no details of their car. I used to post it in the welcome section everytime someone new said hello and didn't have it filled in.

I think Wonky looked into it but not sure if he was sorting out other upgrades then which obviously had priority.

EDIT:~ But then again, some poeple are filling them in but just putting things like '2003 Megane' which obviously needs a bit more info too which bypass's the sign up bit unfortunately as they have put something.

·
yeah
234 Posts
Re: Putting your car details onto your profile (appears as "garage" in every post)

Hello everyone, firstly I shall say welcome to Renault Forums. The idea of this thread is to show all of you step by step how to enter what car(s) you drive into your profile, so that it appears at the bottom of every post you make.

The main reason for this it to help other member to help you, as it will tell them the basic details of your car (model, engine size, trim etc...).

For simplicity I shall be starting this guide from the RF (Renault Forums) home page.
ok

P

·
0 Posts
Re: Putting your car details onto your profile (appears as "garage" in every post)

We've changed the forum settings so that new members now have to fill this section in at registration

Existing members will also be asked to fill this in when they edit their profile.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2008 1.5 dci Renault Grand Scenic 2 7 seater

Hi i live in Ireland and always bought Renault Cars down through the years im now having a lot of problems with my 2008 1.5 dci Renault Grand Scenic 2, 7 seater which gave me nothing but trouble from when i bought it new, i had the car only 6 months and a new starter had to be put into it, then a diesel pump had to be replaced then another starter all within two years, last year my Turbo went Renault said i was over the warranted by a 1000km so i would have to pay for it myself even do they had the car longer then me so i had to leave it lying up for 6months until i had the price of the turbo and another 3 months so i had the price of putting it in, it was driving fine the last 3 months without any problem until now, check fuel injection came up so as i was pulling into the hard shoulder white smoke was coming from the car like i had no power at all and i switch of the car, i gave it a few seconds and turned it on on the dash every thing was ok but it would not start as it had a bad battery but it was fully charged tried jump leads but no good. please guys help me please., i was looking to find out where the sensors are on the car so maybe i can clean them and find out what they are for anthonyl

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,136 Posts

I don't know if its possible from an Admin point of view, but I'd agree, this should be a mandatory part of the sign up process.

:beer::beer:
This should apply when you sign up ..if you dont you cant post..:iagree: we have to deal with form filling all of our life so whats one more..

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts

:iagree:
However, how many times do newby's come asking "what exact model have I just bought?".
It doesn't help when garages initially register a Mk1 Ph2 as a Megane Scenic, which as the cognoscenti know, is a Pure Scenic or Megane.
Or as my daughter found, a 1.6 Petrol with 1.5 dCi front door bumper strips. Which she didn't buy.
What would help IMNSHO, is to allow newby's to select their avatar at sign up, so at least they can compare the picture with their pride & joy. Then all we need is diseasel or petrol to get diagnosis started?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello just bought a laguna 1.9 dci. Love it already. It's a w reg. Sorted central locking out thanks to this forum. Also cleaned egr valve. Just got sticky accelerator to fix now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi everyone the things on here are helpful but I noticed there no pictures to show you what your looking at so first time users try to fix there cars would be helpful to show pictures

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,775 Posts

hi everyone the things on here are helpful but I noticed there no pictures to show you what your looking at so first time users try to fix there cars would be helpful to show pictures
It would.
But we have to be aware of forum rules on not putting up anything that could be copyright protected.
So stock photos, manual pages and the like cannot be shown.
However, other way round, pictures of a particular problem can help us identify parts and advise accordingly.

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts

Top of page on the tools tab ..then user dashboard

1 - 17 of 17 Posts