Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone will be able to help on here :)

Can anyone tell me what the +M- is on the side of the gear lever? I have read my manual a million times and it says nothing about it! I am too afraid to press it just incase it causes the car to down or something! Also can you manualy search and fine tune radio channels? I seem to be having problems with that too!

Hope someone can help

Many thanks

M

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I assume it puts the autobox into manual mode, with mine on the laguna you push the gearstick away from you ( to the left) which puts it into manual mode then move the gearstick forward to change up (m+) pull back to change down (m-)
or it could be the ejector seat :) push it and see.
Can't help with the radio im afraid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume it puts the autobox into manual mode, with mine on the laguna you push the gearstick away from you ( to the left) which puts it into manual mode then move the gearstick forward to change up (m+) pull back to change down (m-)
or it could be the ejector seat :) push it and see.
Can't help with the radio im afraid.
Manual mode? my manual doesn't mention that either! :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
It is the manual setting for the auto gearbox. When you push the lever to the left (when in Drive) the M goes red. I thought it was a button on my lever to start with as well!

Then you push forward to go up and back to go down through the gears.

Welcome to the forum by the way!:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, you've have been a real help! :d

I thought I'd double check as the manual says nothing about it and the car dealer wasn't very helpful, and I didn't want to press it just incase I messed it up or something!

I definatley be back for any other problems etc :)

Once again, thanks

M Xx:d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum Littlemo.:)

Glad we could help out,although calling the system 'Manual Mode' is a bit misleading.It's a bit of a gimmick to be honest,and you'll soon tire of it and leave it in Drive!.Good luck with the car.:)

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Welcome to the forum Littlemo.:)

Glad we could help out,although calling the system 'Manual Mode' is a bit misleading.It's a bit of a gimmick to be honest,and you'll soon tire of it and leave it in Drive!.Good luck with the car.:)
I wouldn't say gimmick - when on a blast along a twisting A road it is quite useful to be able to hold the gear and change down for a corner. It can also be handy to pop back into top gear if you've been overtaking. Safely of course!!!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts