Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to Renaultforums I'm new to this board however have lurked for a while, basically because I was looking to buy a motor and finally settled on a Clio Mk2.

I am now looking to change the wheels on my clio and would like to know what is the maximum size of wheel/tyre/alloy combination and what is the recommended size of these

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i would not tend to go any bigger than 17" the tryes size could be 225/45/17 or 225/50/17 you could go even lower than this but i would not tend to as this makes it very easy to damage the rim, if your going to lowering the car or if it has been done already i would not go any bigger than what i said 17" because the problem being is buffing when you have passengers on board just make sure that the offset of your new wheels suit the car you will find the off stamped on the wheels you have at the minute on the inside part of the wheel i hope this helps Donald

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I'm currently looking at 15" wheels as they are the ones within budget. I dont plan on having the car lowered as basically it is highly frowned upon by the authorities in Northern Ireland

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I'm currently looking at 15" wheels as they are the ones within budget. I dont plan on having the car lowered as basically it is highly frowned upon by the authorities in Northern Ireland[/QUOTE

Hi Rusty i lived in NI in Lisburn for 16 years and i know that the testing centers and the police are more of a authority than the mainland but if you do lower the car you can do so but just make sure it is still the legal high that is allowed and all will be well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts