Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, My car is a 2016 Renault Koleos with R-link. The image of the rear camera was shown small on the screen. I accidentally did a factory reset while trying to solve the problem. Since then, the navigation has failed to boot, so no convenience devices such as audio and telephones have been available. I disconnected and reconnected the battery DC power and Fuse, but It's to no avail. After starting the car, two screens below appear and disappear momentarily and are fixed on the last clock screen without booting progress.
Gadget Automotive design Personal luxury car Font Multimedia

Rear cameras are displayed in the same small size as before.

Q1. How can I boot the navigation system normally?
Q2. How can I see rear camera on the normal size of screen?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Regards,

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hi All, My car is a 2016 Renault Koleos with R-link. The image of the rear camera was shown small on the screen. I accidentally did a factory reset while trying to solve the problem. Since then, the navigation has failed to boot, so no convenience devices such as audio and telephones have been available. I disconnected and reconnected the battery DC power and Fuse, but It's to no avail. After starting the car, two screens below appear and disappear momentarily and are fixed on the last clock screen without booting progress.
View attachment 192352 View attachment 192354 View attachment 192355

Rear cameras are displayed in the same small size as before.

View attachment 192356

Q1. How can I boot the navigation system normally?
Q2. How can I see rear camera on the normal size of screen?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Regards,
There is an easy fix that could work. Remove your battery terminals and turn your headlights on to drain any electric still running through your ECU and modules.

Come back after 15 minutes, connect the battery terminals back up. Turn your headlights on and start your car. Your rlink should now boot up and ask you for a radio code. The code should be in your user manual. Make sure you have this code before you remove your battery terminals.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Easy Peasy to fix
Just don’t be turn it on
The rflunk has got to be the worst in car display ever invented by a car manufacturer
I got my Clio in 2013
Had two new head units after Renault bricking then
Hundreds of dealer visits
Was Even dealing with the boffins in France by phone snd emails for about 4 years
Over 90 emails in one year
Etc etc etc
Every time they brought out a update it got worse snd something else would stop working on it
Don’t think I’ve even turned the screen on since 2017
But after nearly 8 years of updates you would think they could get it right
Renaults are fun cars but the french haven’t got a clue about electrics

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Easy Peasy to fix
Just don’t be turn it on
The rflunk has got to be the worst in car display ever invented by a car manufacturer
I got my Clio in 2013
Had two new head units after Renault bricking then
Hundreds of dealer visits
Was Even dealing with the boffins in France by phone snd emails for about 4 years
Over 90 emails in one year
Etc etc etc
Every time they brought out a update it got worse snd something else would stop working on it
Don’t think I’ve even turned the screen on since 2017
But after nearly 8 years of updates you would think they could get it right
Renaults are fun cars but the french haven’t got a clue about electrics
That's not exactly what the OP wants, since the OP is asking for actual help in getting his/her rlink functioning again. But yes, your are correct. R-link is a rubbish platform and the medianav platform isn't all that much better.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry I meant to put Lol after the first bit and then agree to ceex post
Disconnecting the battery leaving and reconnecting seems to be the way it fixes the r-link

1 - 5 of 5 Posts