Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a megane and have a problem with the lights behind the odometer/ tripmeter and also the clock. The displays can be seen(just!) faintly so the clock etc works, but how easy is it to get to the bulbs?
Many thanks in advance
Paul

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't find a dimmer switch for the dash lights!! All I have is the headlight adjustment switch. All the other lights for the speedo/fuel/water temp etc are working so I think i will have to take the car apart!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I have recently purchased a megane and have a problem with the lights behind the odometer/ tripmeter and also the clock. The displays can be seen(just!) faintly so the clock etc works, but how easy is it to get to the bulbs?
Many thanks in advance
Paul
I have a 97R classic megane 1.6e with exactly the fault!! i suspected bulbs but will look into it!

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I eventually plucked up the courage to remove the dash ( only 2 screws under the speaker covers) and swapped the bulbs. Took about 20 minutes and i didn't use a hammer once!! Everything is now glowing nicely.:)

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Nice one, i tapped the plastic speedo cover in front of the odometer and it came back on, the clock didnt so will have to remove the dash, glad it's a quick job, normally speedo removals are a right pain:)
That was easy,lift up the speaker covers using a flat screw driver, then you have 2 screws in each corner, then simply lift the dash off.The speedo is held in with 3 hex screws(same as dash) and it simply lifts out-easiest ive ever seen, clock the same

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many thanks in advance
Paul
you need to take the top half of to do this take of the tweeter grills on each side you will see 2 screws one on each side slacken them lift the top part up the way open the pasanger door take it out there are 3 screws holding the clocks unscew and lift the clocks out in the middle ofthe clocks at the back there you will see the bulb holder turn towards the drivers door and replace with new bulb

·
Registered
22 Posts
same problems

Hi Polaris,

I've exactly the same problem - virtually no showing on the odometer or the clock/temp guage - if you get any info, I'd be really appreciative if you could share it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
As Patsin rightly says in the post above yours,you need to remove the top of the dash board and then remove the dash binnicle to replace the bulbs.It sounds like a big job,but in reality it is very straight foward.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bulb numbers

thanks guys, sounds like a job even I couldn't mess up!!! Any idea of what the bulb numbers are? Will do it in a few weekends time, when I've the convenience of a garage and not just a driveway...

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The bulbs should pull out from their plastic holders and 286 bulbs can be used as replacements.If the bulbs are integral to the holder (which is unusual on a Renault I must admit),then you'll need to match them up at a decent local motor factor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts