Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have posted various notes on this before but now looking for a "start to finish" answer!

Drivers window does not work but passengers does, and passengers works from both door switches.

So I need to find out why drivers window is not working. I believe this , commonly, is the regulator but can also be the motor itself.

I tried removing the door panel, taking all the screws out but couldn't get panel removed. I now know this is due to it being held in place with lots of silicon so know next time that I need to carefully puncture that to get panel off.

So assuming I get panel off, what do I do next? How do I check what part isn't working? I have a little voltmeter / ammeter thing if necessary to check for currents.

I am looking to build up the complete answer so that I only need one hit at finding out whats wrong and then another hit replacing the faulty bits!

As always, any replies / advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure its not the switch, took the one out the passenger door and swapped it over and it still didn't work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine had made a groynching noise and I found the cable had become displaced and was trapped, creating bends and fraying. After many strips and fixes I had to buy a new one.

When you see a new mechanism you can better work out how to fit it, rather than strip the old first.

I've just replied in an other post that the dealer wanted £250, but I got a new clone off thiefbay for about £70. It has been great.

If I recally correctly, once you get the panel off the motor plug is easy to get to, you can check the voltage at that point.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you can actually buy brand spanking new regulators from Europarts for 72quid :) i had a drivers side one go in my 2000 scenic RXE and it took me 10 mins to take the old one out and pop the new one in as its all only held in with 1 clip and 5 nuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts