Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi thanks for taking the time to read this, my problem ?
i have a renault espace 2.2 td on a 1998, i noticed a week ago that the raditor hose on the left hand side was cold but on the right hand side was boiling hot, i think the pump is ok because when i rev the engine the water level drops in the expassion vessal then returns to the normall level when engine idles, yesterday i had the thermostate changed, when i picked the car up both pipes were the same temp but by the time i drove home (10 mins) the pipe on the left hand side was stone cold again, im well confused any help please :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I,m not sure it was done by a mate but the system was drained at least a couple of times over the last week,

·
Universal
2,026 Posts
I thought that would have been normal?

You have boiling water coming out of the engine (obviously) and then there should be cold going back in. The radiator is there for cooling, and I would imagine it isn't going to be doing it's job if it takes hot water out, and then puts hot water back in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know what your saying but i would have thought that the water out of that hose would have to get hot becouse the thermostate is on that pipe so if its stays stone cold it would never open, and the boiling water is only getting halfway through the radiater then stone cold :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that was interesting cheers for that, ive been told that it might have a split (not as burst and leaking water) radiater on as both hoses are on the top of the rad does any body know if this is true , does any body know if its possible that the water pump could pump the wrong way :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts