Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radiator fan has been continually running since I bought the car, Autel FR740 says Temp Sensor open circuit, so I've just replaced it with a new one and fan is still running, don't have the code reader to check again, any ideas what else it could be?

The fan comes on at engine start, and cuts off when the throttle valve housing damper unit activates.

There is no sign of damaged wiring.

Aircon not on (doesn't work)

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Hi Lags 04
Tempature sensor open circuit. Open circiit implies
a most likely wiring problem.The tempature sensor
has a 2 terminal plug remove plug from sensor at key on should have a 5v feed if ok replace plug back probe the wire that has the 5v feed at this point
your multimeter should approx 3.1v's ish if you keep
multimeter hooked up start engine as engine warms
up this voltage will keep dropping to approx 1v.
The 5v feed comes from the ecu and the return wire
goes back to the ecu Hth Regards Mickeybo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give it a try, just a little confused as it only fires up a few seconds after the engine starts, then continues to run until the damper valve operates.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
I asked earlier if the fan was running fast or slow. When running fast and the bonnet is open you will hear it roar.
I seem to recall one member had a similar problem and eventually it was traced to a faulty air-con switch or climate control panel - sorry I can't remember which.
If the air-con is switched on the fan starts when the engine starts and cuts out when stopped. The air-con fan runs at a slow speed but cuts out when the car reaches 35 mph or so.

It may be worth trying the search facilty there are a number of threads on the problem.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fan works fine in all 4 positions.

Are we getting confused between interior fan and radiator fan?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.