Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not be a problem at all but until I ask the thing still bugs me. On the dash the temperature needle operates as it should and stops slightly under the centre, from then on it never moves even when sat in a traffic jam so the radiator fan never comes on. If I leave the engine running how long should it run before the fan cuts in?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi my 2002 2.0 16v Espace sites at half way and also never moves apart when its cold until it reaches its temprature at the half way point and still never moves even when the fan comes on after along long time i hope this discribes yours also, i would not worry all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I am glad it is not another costly problem as I have just had my AC topped up and the anti freeze done.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Thank you I am glad it is not another costly problem as I have just had my AC topped up and the anti freeze done.
No if it sounds just like mine then it should be fine,i have owned my car for about 9 months and its still running well and i also tow a caravan and it still only rises to halfway.Anti freeze is also summer coolant as well and will do the car a world of good and protect the inside of all the water channels cheers all the best Donald.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
More confirmation for you, mine does the same, they must have an efficient cooling system, at least Renault got something right.

My cooling fan has never needed to come on in 2 years.

You could cover your whole bonnet and radiator with a thick duvet then let the car tick over and see if the gauge moves up.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I am going to test mine when I get time though, I think there are instructions somewhere on the forum how to do that, I'll do a search later.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
More confirmation for you, mine does the same, they must have an efficient cooling system, at least Renault got something right.

My cooling fan has never needed to come on in 2 years.

You could cover your whole bonnet and radiator with a thick duvet then let the car tick over and see if the gauge moves up.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I am going to test mine when I get time though, I think there are instructions somewhere on the forum how to do that, I'll do a search later.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: got something right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts