Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been unable to rid the factory fitted radio of bleeping every 2 to 3 seconds!!

When the code given, with the service book, is entered as per the manual the screen just sits there with 'CODE'.

I then switch the power off/on. The radio comes on but I get the bleeping. Then after approx 2 minutes the screen drops back to the four dashes asking for my code again.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
That sounds very like you have the wrong code watch you do not block the radio i think you only get so many shots at it.

This is a guess but i hope you get this sorted out

Donald

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi Snoorey

The beeping every 2 seconds and switching off after a couple of minutes means the radio is operating in "no code" mode.
If you follow this method of code entry i'm sure it will operate correctly.

Switch Radio On - Display Shows
" CODE "
Press " ¬ " On The Stalk Control To Enter
Rotate " Thumbwheel " For Correct Digit
If the correct code number is now shown
Press And Hold " ¬ " Until A Beep Is Heard
And the Radio will then Turn On

:) :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glenda,

When I turn the radio on it doesn't go straight to code. The radio plays but is interupted by the bleeps every 2 seconds.

I can only get to 'code' after approx 2 minutes of bleep interupted music then the 'four dashes' appear prompting me to enter my code... I then enter my given code using your method previously, then the screen just says 'code'.

I have been unable to enter my code details when code is displayed on the screen.

Help!!!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Strange one this, Snoorey

try entering a wrong code see if it displays "error".

wait awhile the enter the correct code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glenda,

I have tried entering a wrong code... the screen just displays 'code'. There is no error message displayed??

It looks like the code in the service manual is wrong?

Any ideas what the next step is to take?

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
me again

been doing a bit of research...could be a configuration error.
Got nothing to loose now as it is not having any code,good or bad.
Try press and hold buttons 2 and 5 while pressing power on.
This resets it back to factory state.

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glenda,

I have tried the 2 & 5 buttons together then switching on the radio but I still have the same symptoms??

I have only just bought the car this week. So, it looks like I will have to contact Renault direct. Hopefully at no cost!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have given up with trying to sort this radio out, as it was a cassette model not a CD.

So I have purchased a CD, MP3, WMA & Tuner model for £50.00 off the net which has satisfied my need for some music in the car.

The only problem with this is that the satelite controls do not work with this model of radio - my choice, as it was lots of money to get one that did!! Unless anyone knows anything different?

Snoorey

P.S. Thanks to the people who offered solutions. It has been very helpful - especially when you're tearing your hair out!!!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi Snoorey

Good choice...ditch the cassette to get mp3 and cd...(I would have done the same).

The lack of remote control is more than made up for with the new ones functions,will be bidding on fleebay soon for the same for my new campervan.

Happy days.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't suppose anyone worked out what the problem was? I just tried replacing my cd player with a Pioneer unit with iPod control. But the iPod control was so crap I took it back.

Now with my old one back in, it plays for 2 mins (beeping every 2 secs) and then displays CODE. But the code doesn't work! Either that or I wrote it down wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
same problem as original poster

I have the cassette model and the radio (or the cassette) will play for a few seconds then a bleep comes. After a few minutes (or randomly pushing buttons in sheer desperation!) it goes silent and 4 zeroes appear waiting for a code. The word code doesnt appear, plus i have changed the battery on the car twice and the same problem happens this way.
I bought the car (a 2000 megane) 10 months ago and just havent used the radio cos of the problem. I also wasnt given the radio code. I have read the manual and read these forums but dont know what the stalk is or the symbols used in the descriptions.
Where would I go to get a new code? and would this cost me a lot? and what is the 'stalk' ???

:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a look and sussed out that the controls are there. Good news also came form the ppl I got the car from, they knew the code. I managed to fix it as your previous instructions on here finally made sense. Oddly the word 'others' showed up after I typed the code in and then 'rear' on/off which I havent a clue what all that means, but the bleep is stopped.

Thanks Madnoel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts