Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the radio code for my Grand Scenic confirmed by the dealer and also the same code from a free website using the data from the back of the radio. I've entered them correctly holding down button 6 but I get an error. Is it possible someone has changed the code and what do I do now please?

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I suppose really that nothing is impossible, but I wouldn't have thought changing a radio code is possible. :confused:

I'm only working on a guessed assumption here, if the car was purchased SH maybe the prior owner changed the complete radio for some reason, is it possible to make contact?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I suppose really that nothing is impossible, but I wouldn't have thought changing a radio code is possible. :confused:

I'm only working on a guessed assumption here, if the car was purchased SH maybe the prior owner changed the complete radio for some reason, is it possible to make contact?
i dont think thats the case here as he got the numbers of the back the radio,i doubt that the previous owner would of changed the inside board,there would be no reason to do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments - unusually - I entered the code 4 times and it "error" ed four times - on the fifth attempt it worked. Some thing are not explainable, but I know I keyed the same code 5 times with errors and delays between attempts. The only difference was the last time I had the engine running! Explain that one. Dontcha just love Renault electronics. Now to sort out the intermittent reset of the digital display. Other than that, it's a great car! Iggly

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The radio and the display have a permanent live feed to maintain their memory. It could be this has failed and the systems are only working only from ignition live side of things.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts