Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i bought a 2000 megane scenic and had to change the starter motor. I forgot about the radio codes. i do not have any manuals for this and I cannot take out the radio as I don't have the tools for this. Any ideas?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
are there any small slots or holes in the radio facia??usually a couple of slots ,nip to Halfords and ask them for a Renault megane radio removal kit usually two pieves of bent or flat steel only a few bob ,insert the tools into the slots or holes push away from you outwards and pull gentley and the radio should come from the housing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are some holes on the fascia but I don't live in the UK. Next time I am in the UK is july might just have to wait until then.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
If you have two holes either side of the radio then cut and bend two sections from a wire coat hanger,they should push the clips in and the radio should then come out.

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
Take you cars info into a Renault dealer they will have all your info on computor including the radio code for your car ,some charge some don't depends,look inside you sevice book if you have it the radio code is usually printed or writen in the front cover..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts